• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Achieving my Dream Garage

02Anders

Hello Gents (and Ladies of course!  - just not that many of you in here...),

Perhaps dismissible as blatant self-advertisement, and if frowned upon, then feel free to slap me...  :rolleyes:
But just thought I'd share my latest article on our web-based classic car magazine, ViaRETRO.
We try to keep the site as varied as possible, so it's rare that I allow myself to write about BMW's in there.  But today I've gone all-out on achieving that BMW dream...

Enjoy...  ;)

http://www.viaretro.co.uk/2017/09/achieving-my-dream-garage/

• Like 5

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Fantastic! Of course I love an article that picks a 2000CS as part of a dream garage... :)

IMG_6855.JPG.d33069f2bb5abaf8193d05a8d76290a7.JPG

I sure wish I could find one of those early scale models; I suppose I'll have to settle for the newer productions from IXO. 

Thanks for sharing!

Ed

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Thx guys!  :P

Ed, I couldn't find another Minichamps version in Granada red, but there's a Baikal blue one in Greece.  Not cheap, but possibly worth it nonetheless...??  So much better than the crude and cheap IXO version...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-EXTREMELY-RARE-BMW-2000-CS-Typ120-E8-1967-Mor-Blue-mt-1-43-Minichamps-E9-E24-/232481038556?epid=1640746942&hash=item3620f320dc:g:DXoAAOSwoRBZsftH

I take it you are aware that there's a 1:18 version as well, and if memory serves me right, it's even available in Granada.

Edited by 02Anders

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Thanks, Anders! I've been watching the Granada 1:18 versions from KK lately on eBay...not as well executed as the Minichamps, but they are available. 

IMG_8354.JPG.2aa057248be69b46a7a522b99fe0d51f.JPG

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Great write up. I have approached the topic differently, by investing in bricks & mortar (it was a fieldstone barn). Not sure that there will be much funding left to fill it though....but I am cracking on. I may end up sitting in a corner looking at miniatures rather than classifieds.

The concrete was poured and smoothed last night for the floor...floorplate is 110m2. Lumber for framing the roof is out of the sawmill. Reject wooden telephone poles will be the floor joists for the upper floor which you can see above. Hope to have a roof before winter...

Andrew

IMG-20170915-WA0001.jpg

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

Love the garage Andrew!  Very cool - or at least, I'm sure it will be...  B)

And once all your funds have been sunk into finishing that project, you now know where to start looking for your dream 1:43 models to store in those stunning facilities.  ;)

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Hi Anders,

You will have to point me to some nice display cases first...otherwise the models will get lost. I have a really old collection of Citroen DS models from the 1970's, but I have never displayed them because I never found a nice AND affordable presentation case to mount on a wall. Most of the cases I found were either extremely fragile, cheaply  made, expensive or all of the above...

Andrew

1971 2002ti, 1985 E30 320i, 1960 Land Rover 109 Ser 2, 1963 Land Rover 88 Ser 2a, 1980 Land Rover Ser 3 Lightweight 

Sadly Andrew, I have to agree with that sentiment.  I have seen a few display cases over the years which actually looked really good, but then I spotted the price and realised that for the price of that display case, I could probably just about buy the 1:1 classic car which I was intending on displaying a model of!!  And yes, anything affordable, has just proven cheap and nasty.

It's left me seriously considering just making my own display cases out of some beautiful slabs of dark wood, with a glass frame cut and assembled to sit on top of this wood.  Can't be that bloody difficult??  Famous last words...  ;)

Edited by 02Anders

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Agree, I have a router and a table saw and lots of left over glass panes, how difficult could it be? Well, I have thought about it but never tried, so I think there is something holding me back other than laziness.

Andrew

• Like 1

Thx Scott!  Glad you enjoyed the article.  :)
I hope some of you guys might check in every so often.  We're obviously hoping to get ViaRETRO out there to as many enthusiasts as possible, and hopefully with time make it a much more active site, with plenty of comments and interaction on the various articles we publish.  But things like that take time of course...
In the meantime we're always very keen on some feedback!  What are we doing right - but more importantly, what can we do better?

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.