• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early window cranks compatibility

kris

I have a 1970 but it came to me as a shell.  I have lifted a lot of parts, small bits etc from my 1973 parts car.  I'm wondering if I can use the early chrome window cranks - part 51326646115 - with a window regulator(s) from a later car?  As it stands, the car has the window regulators from my 73, but I would like to back date the cranks to match the chrome-only door pulls I have.

Thanks

Edited by kris

70 M2 2.5L 

AFAIK all the 2002s used the same window lift mechanism, and thus the window cranks have the same spline spacing and screw hole in the middle to fasten to the lift mechanism.  

The cranks from your 70 and your 73 should be the same, as those on my '69 and my '73 are the same.  The inside door handles are different, though.  The '69 has all plastic, black ones, while the later cars have a chrome handle with a soft black plastic insert.

mike

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

AFAIK all the 2002s used the same window lift mechanism, and thus the window cranks have the same spline spacing and screw hole in the middle to fasten to the lift mechanism.  

The cranks from your 70 and your 73 should be the same, as those on my '69 and my '73 are the same.  The inside door handles are different, though.  The '69 has all plastic, black ones, while the later cars have a chrome handle with a soft black plastic insert.

mik

Mike, thanks. I think I am thinking of the 1600 cranks. I've seen some pictures in 1600's of a different style of crank to go along with the metal-only inside door handles. The crank has a smaller round "handle" on the end. Here is a so-so pic.

IMG_0703.PNG

Any issue with using these 1600 cranks in an 02?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70 M2 2.5L 

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...