• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Motor back home!

Naz

Well folks after a lot of efforts put forth by many involved the engine block and head are completely rebuilt. Thanks to Rick who was able to get me a set of mahle pistons and Alec's machine shop for bearing through the all the hicups along the way.

Here is a pic of the block at home now. Time to start the process of putting it together again.

8c985300d559b1ba24ada4bd12e780d5.jpg32041290f8304af6fa51b3ae01cc34b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Rick, I'm going to order new timing chain and oil pump chain. I need a seal to fit whatever you call this thing in the picture as well. The seal that came with the gasket kit is larger than the original. I'm Not sure why that is.

6121022256743b9d920d6e6ca8f6fc8a.jpg

Naz, the motor looks fantastic. Are those stock 2000 Tilux pistons. The dome looks very good on them. I am looking for pictures right now of stock 2000 TI domes, to doublecheck my own 2000 Tilux motor, which I am preparing to put into a 1602 shell. Do you have any pictures of your cars original pistons?

DSCN8834.thumb.JPG.70c797d363099805cfc950e3164aebdb.JPG It would be a great help to me, sincerely, Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Naz, thank you so much.

Are you going to do anything with the old Ti Pistons,-was there something wrong with them or did you  decide to upgrade, or be compulsive. Can you you tell me where you got your new Mahle pistons.  It turns out that a used TiLux motor I bought had been rebuilt, with stock low compression pistons, unfortunately.

The current low compression Pistons are marked as 89.47 mm. My mechanic and I were discussing /considering a light re-honing,correct pistons/ ring job and put it all back together with a schrick 292, headers etc. Do you know the size of your old pistons, and do you think that they would be reusable if you wanted to sell them.

Thank you for your help,

sincerely Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

Peter, machine shop tells me they are no good but the car ran prior to me pulling it apart. For a garage mechanic I would clean them up re-ring them and they would work fine. Especially if you plan on selling the car. I intend to keep this car and drive it as much as possible. Weather permitting. No way I'll just let it sit in my garage though.

Peter, if you like I can send them to you no charge and if they work i would probably want $225 for them as they are for a 121ti head. I'd be willing to trade as well if you had something I needed. You will be hard pressed to find the new mahle for 121ti head for under $1000. Very rare and most want upwards of $1300.