• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick question about IE stainless exhaust

Columbo

I replaced the IE supplied clamp between center and rear section with longer BMW/VW "twin bolt" band clamp.  The supplied clamp wasn't wide enough to hold the two sections together and it kept slipping apart.  No other complaints.

76 '02 5spd.  stage2  Kerman build

00 Z3M Coupe

10 328iT ZMP 6spd

Thanks for all the tips!

I got it squared away today and it looks and sounds great.

Like others experience here, there were a few minor quality control issues.  The muffler itself had hanger that had been removed, the weld ground down, and repositioned.  Not a huge deal but there was a gouge where the grinder hit the muffler.  I probably should have sent it back but whatever.  Also the muffler tip was out of round and wouldn't  slide into the muffler without some bending and pounding to get it round.  It's still a good deal but I'm surprised IE doesn't take the last step of checking things before shipping.

4 hours ago, Columbo said:

Thanks for all the tips!

I got it squared away today and it looks and sounds great.

Like others experience here, there were a few minor quality control issues.  The muffler itself had hanger that had been removed, the weld ground down, and repositioned.  Not a huge deal but there was a gouge where the grinder hit the muffler.  I probably should have sent it back but whatever.  Also the muffler tip was out of round and wouldn't  slide into the muffler without some bending and pounding to get it round.  It's still a good deal but I'm surprised IE doesn't take the last step of checking things before shipping.

"almost engineering" 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards