• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Seat Delete

Guest dq48

Worked on my rear seat delete today.  Carpet next.   If anyone wants one, I made a pattern that I can trace to paper and save lots of time should you want to do this project.imageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18f

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1725.JPG

Edited by dq48

And if you're not gonna use the space under the (former) rear seat for storage, fill it with some kind of insulation--styrofoam, foam rubber etc.  You'd be amazed at how much differential and driveshaft noise that'll eliminate.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

It has a lip on the front bulkhead and aluminum brackets on each fender well and across the back bulkhead. It will lie in place mostly. It will have a stainless/chrome latch in the front to lift it out with. I wanted to leave it accessible for the future hot tub installation.  dq

Always wonder why folks don't just remove the vertical panel along the front of the seat and then just have a 'flat' floor back to the bulkhead?

If you are building a race car, store your stuff at home. 

:ph34r:

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Simeon, Your right, "leave your stuff at home"    Not building a track car so,wanted something a little "cleaner" than just the floor back there,and,being an old 356 builder this kinda struck a chord.

IMG_1607-2.JPG