• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to me 02. Hi there with a '76

JerryB2002

Hi there. My name is Jerry and my Wife is JoAnna. We bought this great little car last week. It's our first 2002 but not our first BMW.

Previous to this I've had a, 87 325e, an 89 E30 M3 and a 2007 335i. 

It'll be a project for both of us. So far this site has been a great and we've already used it to solve our turn signal blinker problem! :-)

Here are a few pics of the car. Looking forward to owning and fixing up this car and having all of you as co-drivers on this road of ownership!

eO26EYhl.jpg

3WBbteJl.jpg

3WBbteJl.jpg

gC14i84l.jpg

We've already done some tuning up. Oil change, new wires, plugs and air filter. It's an automatic so also did the tranny fluid.

There isn't much rust on the car. A lot of it is in the usual spots, but nothing major. At least not from my initial inspection prior to buying. The only spot that worries me is around the windshield.

The PO did not do a good job of installing new glass and the gasket isn't completely seated. Because of that and the rainy weather in Seattle, it has started to rust. Peeling back the gasket does show there's more under there and the only way to know how bad it really is, is to remove the windshield and check it. That'll happy soon enough. Since the paint is rough, we're already planning on a repaint.

Just how crazy we get will be determined by how much other rust we find!

6VGW3Jrl.jpg

We've also done some shopping too. Found some great 15" BBS wheels and a set of 325i heated sport seats. I think they're Recaros. They'll go on and in as soon as we figure out the suspension and the paint.

Rs5geMUl.jpg

nbjgRQrl.jpg

We're looking for a rear Euro bumper and I'm looking into a new air dam and fender flare kit. 

your seats won't fit unless you cut out the o2 seat frames and fab some mounts for the seats...they sit too high, your head will bump the headliner...BTW, they aren't made by recaro

search for info, it's been discussed many times and done many times...you'll find what's required to get them in the car so they are usable

Thanks and etsy, I figured I'd have to do a little modification to get those seats to fit. Not a problem at all. 
I had searched for examples of what others had done and did not come up with much in my quick search. Apparently it's been covered so often that folks around here consider it common knowledge. I'll figure it out. Nothing is that complicated.

That said, I'm still excited to fix the car up. It has a lot of potential and from what I'm seeing, all of it can be done for pretty cheap. When compared to my other addition (1989 964) :-)!

Imr9jC8l.jpg

Thanks for the welcome!

Nice BBS weaves...are those ET25 or ET40?  The 40's are from the 325ix are not ideal for the 02...if they are the ET25 then you are good!

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com