• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identify these rims!

Can't help you on the brand, but they're definitely from Japan if that helps. The JWL and VIA marks are government approval stamps, kind of like TÜV for Germany. I dig the rims though. They have an old school look but you'll be able to run a wider variety of modern rubber on them. Offset is probably flares-only (though being only a 6" rim you might get away with it on a stock car with some camber).

"Sabine" 1976 Polaris / Navy - 12+ year Inop Ebay Find. Now with Microsquirt and Cold A/C. 

2 hours ago, 02Coastie said:

Can't help you on the brand, but they're definitely from Japan if that helps. The JWL and VIA marks are government approval stamps, kind of like TÜV for Germany. I dig the rims though. They have an old school look but you'll be able to run a wider variety of modern rubber on them. Offset is probably flares-only (though being only a 6" rim you might get away with it on a stock car with some camber).

Good call. I did look up those symbols and came to the same conclusion. I actually picked these up from an '02 with coil overs and camber plates up front and adjustable springs in back. They seem to fit pretty well. 

I'm just trying to figure out if they are worth keeping, as I may put them on my e30. I just can't find anything on the actual manufacturer. 

Thanks,

Ryan

Can´t tell exactly what rims these are. But certainly they aren´t BBS because BBS never stamped the word "Offset" on their products. They used "E" or "ET" which is short for german word "Einpresstiefe" (offset is the english translation for it).

All italian and french (Vial would be french) rims meant for sale/use in Germany that I´ve seen so far were also stamped this way. At least from about 1972/73 on when german admission requirements for street use were getting more strict.

Best regards, Lars. 

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.