• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sparky - My Atlantik Blue '72 tii

Going back to the beginning of this thread - I noticed the exhaust support bracket was being held to the transmission by a piece of wire.  Guess that was temporary since the engine had been removed.  Did you have any issues loading and unloading it from the roll-back?

Regarding Buckeye's post about the block paint, I think they were satin black, but promotional pictures of just the engines could have been "gussied up". 

Is the cylinder head bolted firmly in place or just sitting there?  You may have an issue installing the lower timing cover with the head gasket sticking out.  

Jim

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 weeks later...

Get a new fan on there! Or spray it red.

When that fan is spinning and you look into the engine bay with great appreciation, you'll love seeing a fresh, red fan.

Cheers on the progress,

RD 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2023 at 10:09 PM, Tommy said:

Nice transformation! I see you working with new door seals. How hard do you need to slam the door?

Thank you. Adjusting the strikers and letting the car sit in the sun helped a lot (mostly adjusting the strikers). But, the passenger side door is still a little difficult to shut without slamming. The latches have two clicks to be fully shut, and if you're only getting that first click you won't be able to lock the doors. I was having that problem before adjusting the strikers. 

On 6/29/2023 at 11:10 AM, Greggotii said:

Thank you. Adjusting the strikers and letting the car sit in the sun helped a lot (mostly adjusting the strikers). But, the passenger side door is still a little difficult to shut without slamming. The latches have two clicks to be fully shut, and if you're only getting that first click you won't be able to lock the doors. I was having that problem before adjusting the strikers. 

after putting new seals in my car, it took a solid year for them to "break in" to the point that just a firm close was all that was needed instead of a slam.  much better.

2xM3