• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 in Phoenix, AZ

Mark92131

Year:: 1975

Make:: BMW

Model:: 2002

Price:: 17500.00

I saw this ad and thought I would pass it along.  A 1975 BMW 2002 "Ti" in Ceylon over Black interior.  Normally I don't post anything this expensive, but there are a lot of nice upgrades on this car, bumpers, wheels, paint, trim, 5 speed, suspension, seats, steering wheel.  I was hoping the "Ti" badge meant dual carbs, but sadly no.  Trunk paint doesn't match, but still lots of things to like.

NM/NA,

Mark92131

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5423997900.html

post-33686-0-09653400-1454099514_thumb.j

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

Oh...

So then... It's just a base model replica of a ti...

Well, to the extent a square taillight can be made into a replica of a round taillight car, by adding a tii clock and two ti badges...

I suspect the "converter" didn't think through the concept very carefully!

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Well, to the extent a square taillight can be made a replica of a round taillight car, by adding a tii clock and two ti badges...

I suspect the "converter" didn't think through the concept very carefully!

Steve

I’m afraid that I made a mistake in my posting in that the car is actually a standard 2002 according to the VIN# but has MANY of the Ti modifications both performance wise, suspension mods and cosmetically. Actually, there’s even an authentic Ti, twin carb motor that can go with the car IF that will help. This evening I will go back into the Craigslist ad and change it to correct the error  I made in the listing last night.   

I’m not an expert on these BMW’s by any means. I have a restoration shop in Scottsdale that works on other types of collector cars for only a select few clients, i.e. mostly friends and acquaintances in the hobby. This car belongs to a retired auto executive who I've been friends with and worked on his cars for about sixteen years. He owns three of these cars and wants to sell one. I'll have to ask for sure but I think he's had this car for a couple of years or so? The owner lives in Tucson and because the car was here in Scottsdale being worked on he asked me to advertise it on Craigslist during all of the auction activity. I'm fully empowered to discuss and make a deal to sell the car but if you're interested and more comfortable in dealing directly with him that's fine. After you've seen the car and if you feel like you want to discuss and or negotiate directly with him I'll be happy to give you his phone number.

I've done some work on the car but only a very small portion of what's been done.

The work I did here consisted mostly of...

Complete rebuild of the drive shaft and carrier bearing.

New clutch hoses

Some electrical work

Some misc. repairs underneath

Rebuild of the Weber carburetor

Radio repair

New battery and hold down

Re-cover the two trunk panels

Polished the paint and misc. interior / exterior detailing

88 IX, 74 02, 72 02tii

Ceylon paint was not (AFAIK) available in '75. I think it disappeared in '73.So, what was its original colour?I would also change the "early" front vertical over-riders for the lower pointy style.

Les, you're as bad as I!

Ceylon last appeared in the global, all-model, color and interior brochure of October 1972 (a.k.a., the 1973 model color brochure). It's gone from the September 1973 version of the brochure.

So when did it first appear? I have no idea, as I'm missing a few of the brochures. But it was not available as of the December 1968 brochure -- which is when Colorado not only first appeared, but appeared as a "2002ti-only" color. Maybe someone else has color brochures between December 1968 and October 1972.

Ceylon is one of those '02 colors that I wouldn't have considered owning back in the day, but which I now find uber cool in its "period" appearance.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I remember seeing this car on Ebay a year or so ago. I think it was last in Michigan. Here is a previous Bring a Trailer ad and some info from here on the FAQ that should have some more details including the paint color choice if anyone is interested. 

http://bringatrailer.com/2011/12/08/ceylove-pristine-euro-style-1975-bmw-2002/

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/100431-bimmerfest-2010-and-ceylon-update-nt/