• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

End Link Bushing and bolt

Seadawg33

Hi All:

I am pretty new to working on cars and need some help.  I have a 1976 2002 and need to rebuild the front end.  I am trying to get away with a minimum of money on it because I am using this car to learn on and want to rebuild a roundie to keep.  In other words it is a practice car.  I figured out the new parts I need except for the end link bushings.  I can't find a diagram of exactly what I need.  From what I can tell I need 4 washers, a bolt, a nut, a spacer and two bushings.  Do I need a teflon cover for the end link itself?  Where do I source the bolt, nut, and washers, from the autoparts store?  Are they grade 8.8?  I am trying to gather the parts before disassembly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie

I bought a red poly end link set off the shelf at Advanced Auto. The bolt is a little thicker, 3/8" which is fine. I had to cut about 1/2" off the new center spacer to match the old one. I like to insert the bolt from the bottom with the nuts on the top for better ground clearance. 

Presume you're referring to the front sway bar end links...if so, suggest that before installing the spacer over the bolt, coat the bolt's shaft with anti-seize paste to keep the sleeve from rusting to the bolt, making removal some years from now quite difficult.  

cheers

mike

PS--I used that Energy Suspension kit on my '73 with excellent results.

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite