• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new 02 ti

On 11/1/2017 at 11:07 AM, BrentF said:

Contact BMW and they can tell you the original colour. Send an email with the VIN to:

info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com

What did BMW Archives report regarding the original color?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

2 hours ago, Krister said:

Agave :(:( I don't like that color, so I really would like to paint it Birkal     

Based on your photos, I really don't think your car was painted Agave, unless someone completely stripped it down and painted it the lighter color you received it (Like Bristol).

Agave green is a beautiful color on a 2002.

IMG_3289_zpswduttxb0.jpg

• Thanks 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

1 hour ago, Krister said:

But it is agave the undercarriage was green before I removed the paint 

I can't also see when I scratch the pain . It's green 

to honest I really would like it to be in different color that green 

Ok.  Now that's settled I wish you all the best on your project. The car looks very nice and not too rusty from what I can tell in your pictures.  Is the engine the original?  I can't see the casting date clearly on your 121TI cylinder head.

Are the Solex carbs in good shape?  There is an Alfa guy on eBay who sells parts for the 40 PHH carburetors if you need something.

jim

Jim Gerock

Hej thanks Yes now the body is rust free but I change many things on the car .

yes the engine is original, I have totally rebuilt it 

with new pistons new valve springs basically everything is new ?

and the solex cabs should be ok , but a lot of people tell me to change it to Weber !! 

Krister:

I went from 40 DCOEs back to solex PHHs on my ti.  I like the way it drives with the PHHs better.  There's not a big difference between the two though, except for cold starting where the PHHs are way better.  On the other hand, DCOEs are easier to set up.  I must have pulled the PHHs off a dozen times before getting the accelerator pumps set right.

1971 2002ti

2 hours ago, Jam3422 said:

Krister:

I went from 40 DCOEs back to solex PHHs on my ti.  I like the way it drives with the PHHs better.  There's not a big difference between the two though, except for cold starting where the PHHs are way better.  On the other hand, DCOEs are easier to set up.  I must have pulled the PHHs off a dozen times before getting the accelerator pumps set right.

+1 on the accessibility of the Webers versus Solex.  I like my Solex carbs but also have a set of Webers just in case.

0A3F971D-449F-4795-9095-FBDA87072683_zps

Jim Gerock

Those look great already.  Complete and not screwed with.  You even have the spring for the synch adjustment.  I couldn't find one and ended up winding one myself.  If you end up having throttle shaft play because of worn bushings, don't hesitate to re-bush them.  I re-bushed mine, it's a straightforward job, and the results are great.

PHHs are so cool looking, and so right for the car.

Is that a 69 date stamp on your head?

1971 2002ti

Thanks for the tip ?

the head is stamp 70  on it 

but my car is from 71  ?  

I have plan to put a overgear transmission on it hope that’s gonna work out fine.

i have some sports seats that came with the car but I never have seen those before , will send pictures