• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Help Identifying The Year And Model Of This 2002

Macedo
Go to solution Solved by Mark92131,

This was my fathers first car and will soon be my first car (as soon as I finish my license). I would really like to know whats the model and year of this car, the documents of the car seem to be wrong it is registered in 1974 but in the model part it simply says 2002. I would love some help with these since I was a small child use to get inside it and imagine I was driving it.

post-47626-0-23067900-1409515818_thumb.j

post-47626-0-14418300-1409515850_thumb.j

post-47626-0-44265800-1409582765_thumb.j

Edited by Macedo

There will be a 7-digit vehicle identification number on a plate under the good. Post that number in this thread, and we can tell you what year your car is. Someone can also provide an email for Andreas as BMW in Munich, and if you email Andreas your 7-digit number, he can provide you the date the car came off the assembly line, the original color, and where it was being shipped.

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

He meant hood.  Under the hood, on the passenger side fender, there will be a number. My 76 has one on top of the steering column, in front of the gauge cluster.  There should also be a number on the engine block above the starter... they should be the same number, if it is all original.  

Is yours a European model?  Those look a little like Italian turn signals up front, with the flat profile and the clear section in the front half of the lens.  No marker lights on the sides either.  You are correct that the car looks older than a seventy four.

Yes, it's an European model. My grandfather says that the dealer said to him that this car was assembled in Portugal. Personally I find it really strange, maybe the dealer was trying to deceive my grandfather. There is a lot of mistery around this cars origin, and it was bought brand new that makes it even stranger.

There will be a 7-digit vehicle identification number on a plate under the good. Post that number in this thread, and we can tell you what year your car is. Someone can also provide an email for Andreas as BMW in Munich, and if you email Andreas your 7-digit number, he can provide you the date the car came off the assembly line, the original color, and where it was being shipped.

a metal tag approx 2 inches x 4 inches on the passenger side, near the windshield or look on top of the steering wheel surround...the thing on top directly behind behind the steering wheel...a small metal tag that riveted into the vinyl

The rear bumper (and round taillights) would lead one to believe it was produced in 1972 or 1973. Post the VIN and all will be clear. We hope!

Where are you located?

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Madeira Island, Portugal. There are a lot of proper, well maintained classic cars here (considering that the population of the island is 200000 people). There are at least 3 cars just like mine in the island that I know of (all in better shape than mine), one is Bordeaux the other is red and mine is the white one.

Edited by Macedo

Now I get this:

Reid's Palace Classic Auto Show 2012
Updated over a year ago · Taken at Reid's Palace, Funchal, Madeira

7l1jF9XVNLu.pngThere are no photos in this album.

Try this https://www.facebook.com/estanislaufernandes/media_set?set=a.388915891131134.84983.100000381791031&type=3

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.