• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas Pedal, Move Or Extension?

It took me just a bit of time to get used to the pedal locations, which aren't bad. The heights of the brake and gas pedals are good for heel-and-toe downshifts, but they're a bit far apart and I'd like to have more of my foot on the brake. What have you done to either move the gas pedal to the left or make it wider? I don't have room to make the brake pedal wider and it might be better without the rubber cover.

Best Solution: "L" shaped accelerator pedal cover, base of L goes left. Screw it on over the original. I put one on my 72 911 racecar and it makes heel/toeing perfect. Simple and elegant-either purchase aftermarket or make one. You'll like it. Peter

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

I always move the brake a bit towards the throttle.  I have big feet, and the brake and clutch are too close together, and the

accelerator too far to the west.  So bending the brake about 3/4" has worked well.  I seem to remember I straighten out the

kinks a bit, as both are offset to the left, but that's a vague memory.

Works great for me,

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

• 6 years later...

I changed a 1976 BMW 2002 from automatic to a standard transmission which resulted in the brake pedal being too close to the throttle. I had concerns about fire and/or ending up with a cocked pedal if I heated the brake arm up with a torch. So I cut the right side of the brake pedal off with a cut-off saw and mig welded it to the left side of the pedal after tacking on a backing plate. This resulted in a much safer process and an

strong and acceptable looking final product.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thomas Turck said:

I changed a 1976 BMW 2002 from automatic to a standard transmission which resulted in the brake pedal being too close to the throttle. I had concerns about fire and/or ending up with a cocked pedal if I heated the brake arm up with a torch. So I cut the right side of the brake pedal off with a cut-off saw and mig welded it to the left side of the pedal after tacking on a backing plate. This resulted in a much safer process and an

strong and acceptable looking final product.

This appears kinda funny.... Concerned about torch starting a fire, but not concerned about fire from cutting wheel sparks or MIG welding heat/sparks....??

The pedals are removable so this work can be done off the car.  Replace the bushings while they are out.

Another possible solution for some is shoes with narrow soles like driving shoes, wrestling shoes or water shoes.

2xM3