• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spotted In Hollywood

This car has been for sale on Craigslist a few times. I saw it in person last year during the 2013 Bimmerfest meet in Pasadena. It looked ok from the outside, but there were a few red flags when reviewed by FAQ members (a few months ago). The overall consensus was that it looked nice, but likely not worth what the seller was asking. For one thing, it has a late front nose and the "Alpina" wheels that seller claims as real are in fact not real. IIRC, the trunk and engine bay are also painted black. 

Color doesn't look like a standard 02 color either. 

But it's still a cool car to look at. 

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

This car has been for sale on Craigslist a few times. I saw it in person last year during the 2013 Bimmerfest meet in Pasadena. It looked ok from the outside, but there were a few red flags when reviewed by FAQ members (a few months ago). The overall consensus was that it looked nice, but likely not worth what the seller was asking. For one thing, it has a late front nose and the "Alpina" wheels that seller claims as real are in fact not real. IIRC, the trunk and engine bay are also painted black. 

Color doesn't look like a standard 02 color either. 

But it's still a cool car to look at. 

i knew someone would recognize it! yeah it looked nice from 10 feet, really clean. not sure what the owner wanted for it, but looked like a pretty nice car.

mike tunney

The rear bumper is also nice.  Are the little chrome covers for the joints a stock part or is that some aftermarket plastic chrome?

post-45192-0-97923300-1394661747.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't figure out how to increase the size of the photo and maintain resolution at the same time)

Another FAQ'er installed plastic chrome over the joints and it looked as good as the real thing from the photograph.

Regards, Maurice.

From the CL ad, now I k now how to get the breaks - you gotta buy them! Wish I'd known sooner.

'73 Tii - Malaga 2763751

'72 Tii - Turkis 2762380 - sold

'74 Turbo - silver 4290633 - sold

'76 Jade Green - sold

'74 Tii - Siennabraun 2781572 - sold

'76 Verona - bought new - sold

From the CL ad, now I k now how to get the breaks - you gotta buy them! Wish I'd known sooner.

LOL!

The odd thing is that he knows that he wants to "break even", but doesn't know that a car has "brakes".   :rolleyes:

Regards, Maurice.

Regards, Maurice.

some of you guys are just way too picky man.... post up your car and let us nitpick it.... i swear i cant stand some of you people on here. It's a nice car, you want to point out all the flaws, what about pointing out all the good stuff ? no car is perfect and if it was im sure the price tag would be more than 15k

some of you guys are just way too picky man.... post up your car and let us nitpick it.... i swear i cant stand some of you people on here. It's a nice car, you want to point out all the flaws, what about pointing out all the good stuff ? no car is perfect and if it was im sure the price tag would be more than 15k

Lol @ this guy ^

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

My only issue is the use of the word "restored"

What exactly is restored about this car? The broken fog lights, wiper motor and car horn?

How is it "restored" if it has a late-model nose? And the side markers? Issues all over the place.

What he means to say is the "paint is shiny" and "I spent to much on this."