• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M2-S14 Parts Wanted

touring CR

I bought the guide last week paid $300 for it shipped I hope the guide provides alternatives and sources for parts not only parts sold by them as I like comparing, by the way are you buying all from them? I saw there is a guy Lee who sells parts and wanted to know if there are other sources for these custom parts

Cheers and TY!

I bought the guide last week paid $300 for it shipped I hope the guide provides alternatives and sources for parts not only parts sold by them as I like comparing, by the way are you buying all from them? I saw there is a guy Lee who sells parts and wanted to know if there are other sources for these custom parts

Cheers and TY!

once you get the book you will see the "parts" are all bmw parts.  you have to customize some of them like hoses to make it fit.  read the book and look over the M2 build threads.

Are you looking for engine/tranny combo or just supporting parts?

per his other threads, he has an engine and an M3 265 tranny which will require substantial cutting and modifying of the trans tunnel to make it fit.

2xM3

$300 is not hard when you think about all the research Dave had to do to find all the parts that worked, and detail the install step by step.  great stuff and he earned the revenue for producing something that is really low volume.  I have one of his original versions.  S14 conversion is not cheap and the book is a valuable reference worth every penny.

and no, the parts list is not in the forums.  

2xM3

This might help. It's a bit dated, but outlines the basic M2 strategy.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2328398/2002/m2002.pdf

As mentioned, there is a fair amount of "engineering on the fly" involved, and everyone is going to solve the problems slightly differently.  As a result, there really isn't a parts list for the conversion so much as an identification of the problems that need to be solved.

Edited by Ian

Ian
'76 M2

'02 325iT

I was lucky enough to trade my 265 for a 4 bolt 245 OD so I currently have a S14 rebuilt engine and a getrag 245 I need sources for supporting parts I posted at a topic where someone sold an M2 combo engine mounts and carter I had the Idea that the m10 engine mounts were going to work but apparently they will not

the 245 will be much easier, except for welding in the flywheel position sender mount on the bell housing.

no, you don't need custom engine mounts.  stock m10 mounts work fine.  the s14 and m10 blocks are identical from a mounting perspective.  the custom mounts were only for getting the engine lower and further back for track use.

2xM3

Ian nice piece of literature!! I loved the article!

Mlytle u just made my day y was so concerned about engine mounts!

So from where i see it I judt need a getrag 245 installation kit like the one at Ireland but im open to hear about other kits I need to weld the sensors base that i can take from a m3 bell or a 535i e28 gearbox Ill need to install fuel pumps and then wire the evu if thats it im near to be a proud M2 touring owner :D

the 245 will be much easier, except for welding in the flywheel position sender mount on the bell housing.

If you trash the motronic and use an aftermarket engine control unit you won't need the sensor mounts in the housing.  In that event all that is needed is to grind away the casting bulges in the bell housing so the tang on the flywheel doesn't strike in those areas.

Aftermarket ECUs need another way to know where the crank is in it's rotation though and most often done by a toothed wheel on the dampener/pully at the front of the crank. 

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

Great ill receive the book in the next days in regards to Dave's service thats great but im several countries away heheh any pictures or links where this work was done? I would love to see pictures

look at where the sensors are mounted in the 265 bell housing. you have to put them in the same place on the 245 bellhousing.

If you trash the motronic and use an aftermarket engine control unit you won't need the sensor mounts in the housing.  In that event all that is needed is to grind away the casting bulges in the bell housing so the tang on the flywheel doesn't strike in those areas.

Aftermarket ECUs need another way to know where the crank is in it's rotation though and most often done by a toothed wheel on the dampener/pully at the front of the crank.

yes, but in this case i got the impression from the posts that this would be well beyond the level of effort OP was capable of.

2xM3