• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Epa Door Decal Facsimile

PaulTWinterton

Wow amazing initiative! It look perfect I would have gotten one for mine if it wasn't Euro.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

Luis, absolutely.

I photographed my original decal and used the photo as a layer in Photoshop to align and copy text over.  I had to perform some "warping" of the original photograph to straighten lines of text. My camera distorted the image a bit.  I used Arial font, kerning and leading to make the text very close to the original.  I faked the perforated circles with multiple layers of similar circles with drop shadow effect. I did all this in a 300dpi white image file with black text and semi-opaque circle effects at the same dimensions as the original decal.

Once I had the artwork complete I Googled "decal printers" in Vancouver and came up with a storefront business that prints car decals and other novelty applications.  They use 3M reflective stock and a clear laminate over top to preserve the ink.  They have a minimum order of $40. so I asked how many decals can I get.  20 decals was the magic number.

End of story.  If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers.

73 Inka Tii #2762958