• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dash 'b' Light

Nathan
Go to solution Solved by M3M3,

There is a green light on the dash with a 'B' that is illuminated. I just installed a new battery. What does this light indicate?

Thanks

76 2002 - dual Webers/Granatrot

74 Baur - rare euro find - full restoration with ti conversion

73 2002 tii CA blue plate - full restoration

the B light is for turn signals (B is for blinker auf Deutch).  If it stays on all the time (ign on) even when the turn signals are not functioning you have a stuck set of relay points inside your turnsignal flasher relay.  It's located under the dash, right next to the hood release handle. 

You can carefully remove the relay's cover and hopefully unstick the points (smaller set) so that the inside blinker will function again.  If you need more troubleshooting detail and can't find it in the archives (and it should be there) drop me an e-mail for further details.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Mine blinks once when I push on the turn signal to make a turn. Then nothing else but I can still here a clicking under the dash.

This is often discussed - "search" will show you solutions, or "mike" will chime in!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif