• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My horror story with Bryce.  When first getting my parts listed he offered $700 for everything and I turned down his offer.  He asks me to send him a list and he constantly calls me and emails asking for this and that.  He tells me he will buy about $500 of my stuff and tells me his sob story about cash flow is so slow, so pays for a few things and I ship them.  He keeps promising to pay for balance very soon and adding items to his list of parts he wants.  After about 90 days, I send him the freight and total balance several times.  After too many emails to count, text messages and phone calls he never pays up.  I refunded the small balance on pay pal and never looked back. 

Too bad such a great forum allows such a untrustworthy character to continue to jerk the members around for so long.   

Kevin  

Edited by Kevin Smith

I wonder if a Buyer could ask this guy to snap of photo of parts with say, today's newspaper in the pic

That way you can find out if he at least has parts he's advertising

Just sayin....

Apparently, he is also slow to ship ??

Nut (fka weevil)

My Claim To Fame - Worked On Harmon Fisher's Car !!! Yes the infamous 2002 F !!!

# 1 72 '02 Malaga, # 2 72 '02 Colorado, # 3 72 '02 Blue, # 4 72 '02 Malaga, # 5 72 tii, # 6 68 1602, # 17 68/76 '02 Custom Red, # 28 74 '02 Brown Metallic, 72 3.0 Csi, 73 3.0Csi, 80 735 Euro, 728 Parts Car

I think his screwing numerous people here has earned him 3 strikes. He shouldn't be given benefit of doubt.

If he wants to continue here he can ship parts and expect payment when the recipient is satisfied.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I think his screwing numerous people here has earned him 3 strikes. He shouldn't be given benefit of doubt.

If he wants to continue here he can ship parts and expect payment when the recipient is satisfied.

Cheers,

Well unless he changed his shipping methods from when I bought from him, it's not going to happen. Before he even knew about the FAQ, I had bought from him. At the time, he would not use PayPal and insisted on a bank transfer before shipping. I sent him the BT but it took a few hours before it got into his account. After telling him that the BT was sent, he sent a couple of emails and phone calls asking where the money was and said that he had another buyer that wanted the parts. He definitely was not going to ship until he had the money in his hand. He would not take my word that the bank transfer was sent.

Edited by peterschop

I'll repost Steve's response to the issue:

"08 September 2014 - 04:04 PM

At the moment, i do not have a way to throttle ads to the section, it is also not that easy for the software to tell on who is business and who is an individual user. I can probably set up a separate Classifieds section for businesses and make it paid ads only. I am not sure i will have enough time to scan through all the ads and figure out which are personal and which are "business"

Btw, we do have a great feature on the site

http://www.bmw2002fa...i/?tab=feedback

Feedback is your friend. Leave feedback for all your transactions and and you will see the 79% positive review change to something else. Just like on eBay, i highly recommend looking at user feedback.

I will try to find a self policing solution, but cannot guarantee anything at the moment.

steve k."

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Okay, here's my experience.

I've purchased a couple of items from Bryce without issue in the past and missed the on-going thread.

The last item I PayPal'd was a "Under Ignition Trim, Non-cracked w/ No Key Rub Mark" back on 8/20.

I now wonder who else bought the part.

Since then I've talked to Bryce/DenverTii/Mark Target 3x times and each time he assured me the part was being sent.

Follow up emails were sent on 9/1, 9/4 and 9/9 (after each call confirming the conversation).

On 9/9, I received a notification from stamps.com that package 9405511899561198985483 was being sent to me (1-3 day priority).

The tracking number still shows no status updates and I've since filed a claim with Bryce/DenverTii/Mark Target with PayPal.

He's not responded yet and I provided information about other's experience here on the FAQ to PayPal.

Funny thing is, I've tried to leave negative feedback but keep getting an error message of "The deal link is invalid, please correct it".

I'm not posting a deal link. I'll try again later as the now 83% positive feedback must be inflated.

Colin K.

Malaga '72 tii

So who is "Mark Target"?  Is this Bryce's new account/alias on here?  I guess that's the problem--we can black ball Denver Tii (although he's done it to himself) but what's to stop him from starting up new accounts under phony names? 

Too bad you can't block the guy's IP address or something.  It's time for him to go.  His 83% has obviously been manipulated.

The recent replies have reminded me of something.  IE When I first started selling my parts in early 2014 and was contacted by Bryce I got a negative feed back from someone shortly after that.  In one of his emails to me a little while later he said I am killing him when posting my parts for sale. 

The other coincidence is he claims he got a negative comment from this guy too and mentioned to me this was so typical of folks on this forum, but my experience is that folks on this forum are great.

He really gives this forum a bad reputation, especially for new comers like I was in February.  He also tries to monopolize good opportunities for the members by screwing with them, like he did me. 

I agree he should be banned, at least whenever he is found on the forum. 

Okay, last time I'll say this, and I'm ONLY responding to this thread for this reason. We DO NOT BAN folks from the FAQ. Never have, and hopefully never will. This is a SELF POLICING forum. This is the ONLY forum I participate in, including two which are paid subscription based, which does not censor or "ban" users. Interestingly, it's also the best BY FAR. Coincidence? No. So everybody put your big girl panties on and take care of your own business instead of expecting mommy, daddy, or the government to do it for you. Personally, I wouldn't buy anything from a seller with 83% feedback or 79% (whatever it is) anyway.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

I have been trying to stay out of this flaying of his character and in no way do I condone his methods of selling parts for our beloved cars BUT I did buy quite a few parts off of him before he ever used the FAQ's and for the most part was pleased with what I got. I thought the prices were high but he had what I needed. Some of the items were not the quality he claimed and in a couple of cases I returned them for a credit for more parts. Case in point were door seals that he claimed were in good usable condition. When I got them, the were in pieces and were not worth putting on the car. He had me return them and I am sure he probably pawned them off to someone else. The belt line trim was ok with a little work on the dents except for the drivers door piece. About 3/4" was broken off the end. He claimed that wasn't possible. I figured I was buying used parts and that is what I got. BTW, it is still on my car.

After I stopped buying from him, I saw that he had gone from selling a collection of parts from a failed project to buying and parting out whole cars to make a profit. I don't see how he could be getting such good parts out of junk cars. He is not trying to save the cars but turning them into a parts business. Unfortunately he is not a business man. He talks a good talk but it seems that he has gone way in over his head. There is no excuse for not delivering on your obligations. I do not feel he should be banned but feel that he should be a paid advertiser. He is sitting on a large collection of usable parts.

Ok.  Maybe banned is a bit much (I don't think so) but it's obviously still a problem.  He has FIVE more adds up in the classifieds and is right back on track to monopolizing the whole thing even though Esty, bless her heart, has that great paid add right at the top.

Now that I know my way around the FAQ a bit better, I am smarter than I was when I first got my 2002 and started asking questions without searching (Sorry, Marshall and Esty) and also more aware about from whom I buy parts.  It takes a bit of time to figure out the ins and outs of the site/community, which for the most part is COMPLETELY AWESOME.

My experience with Bryce was this: I was brand new and just finishing up the resto on my car.  I had spoken to him before on the phone and couldn't have been happier about the conversation--super friendly and super helpful even though I didn't buy anything. 

I was nearing the end of the restoration and I needed a few small parts to finish it up and of course I was ANXIOUS to finalize it, drive it and enjoy the fruits of my labor.  I needed some b-pillar chrome pieces so I could put the windows back in.  I called Bryce and he had it.  In the course of the convo he asked if I had any spare parts from the resto I wasn't using.  I told him I had some extra pieces of rubber gaskets--from the windshield and rear passenger windows that were still usable and in decent shape--and he asked if he could have it.  Sure thing.  I packed it up and sent it out that day (a Saturday).  Cost me $15-20 bucks.  He said my b-pillar chrome ($25) and a wooden gear shift knob ($75) and a few other odds and ends totaling $125 would be shipped out on Monday--he just didn't say which Monday.  Well, FIVE Mondays came and went with phone calls and emails back and forth stating product would be shipped ASAP.  When they finally arrived, the b-pillar chrome had a giant gouge in it from a screwdriver that my plating and polishing guy couldn't get out.  Thanks, Bryce.  The shift knob was so beat up that for $25-50 I would have been ok, but at that point, I was over Denver Tii and I sent it all back.  A total waste of time.  At least he refunded my money.  I was only out the $20 in postage for the gaskets I sent him and down time waiting to finish my car.  The silver lining is that as a result of waiting around I found Autobahn Parts in San Diego (http://www.autobahnparts.com) and picked up what I needed (and some other sweet trinkets) at a fraction of the cost.

Bottom line is that I'm quite capable of putting on my big girl panties just like the rest of you ("one leg at a time... except once they're on I make gold records...") but when you're new and you don't have 1,435 posts to your credit you just might get taken.  It's not about having my mommy or daddy take care of things for me--37 years on this earth and no jailable offenses,contributing member of society and a pretty clean slate across the board.  But when you've ripped off and wasted enough people's time like Bryce has, there ought to be some consequences other than the "self- policing" strategy that obviously didn't work for me--and several others that have since been burned for much higher $ amounts.  

You're right, the FAQ is the best community out there.  No doubt.  There are bad apples everywhere.  It just sucks that because he has some parts that someone might need at some point that his thievery is tolerated and all he gets is "Great guy.  He's a bad businessman.  He's in over his head... blah, blah, blah"  as a self-policing tactic (before Esty stepped in).  It's ridiculous. 

Sorry to whoever out there bought my used windshield and rear window rubber gaskets.  I'm sure you got ripped off.  I had good intentions...

Edited by 70deluxe

Ok.  Maybe banned is a bit much (I don't think so) but it's obviously still a problem.  He has FIVE more adds up in the classifieds and is right back on track to monopolizing the whole thing even though Esty, bless her heart, has that great paid add right at the top.

the 5 ads you see are older ads...it's still a mystery to me why the ads in the "no comments" for sale area float around like they do...today his ads are near the top, last week they were where they should have been, buried on back pages and those das can't get bumped by a post so, i'm clueless how his ads made it back to the top or near the top

but no worry...i have my denvertii/bryce veller BOT running, ready to leap into action if/when he does post any new ads

post-9202-0-39168000-1411690902.jpg

Edited by esty