• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interior Project - Doors, Seats & Carpets

Stuart

Getting my research done for the interior work for my Chamonix 72.  The site and members are very helpful.  The current interior is all blue.  The front Recaro seats and the rear seat are a strange shade of blue that does not match the factory blue on the door panels.  

I am considering staying with blue or maybe changing it up and going to saddle.  It is just a very rich color.  So here is where I am: 

1. Will recover the seats front and back with vinyl - Suggestions for a reasonable shop in SF Bay Area?

2. Will do a carpet kit - Esty looks like the best option

3. Door panels and cards - The fronts must go - speaker holes.  The rears can stay if I stay blue. 

Question----On the door panels I have found them available from Aardvarc and World.  Is there anyone else?

Aardvarc - Nice looking panels and a reasonable price but they do not have the silver trim.

World - Same as above, more pricey and they have the silver trim.

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Stuart

I did world for my fronts and dyed my blue rears to black. Also dyed the front interior door handles to black. Everything came out nice.

World sort of advertises the fronts as a complete door card but actually you get a sheet of vinyl with the metal strip built in, a sheet of batting and the wood door card and you are supposed to glue them together and build your own door card.

I used a only02 carpet kit. It was good but i do think esty makes a better kit.

post-42434-0-36946500-1380730160_thumb.j

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.

Stevenc22 -

What year is your car?  World wants $715 each for the correct panels for my 72.  Budget killer.  Panels for 74 and newer are $143 each.  Its looking like Ardvarc will be the cost effective option.  They don't have all the silver trim but I've heard good things about them.

Stuart    

Stevenc22 -

What year is your car?  World wants $715 each for the correct panels for my 72.  Budget killer.  Panels for 74 and newer are $143 each.  Its looking like Ardvarc will be the cost effective option.  They don't have all the silver trim but I've heard good things about them.

Stuart    

you can walk into your local dealer and tell them youd like to pay double what they want and still get out of there for less than World wants for the correct door panels for your 72..  OE door panels are about 250 a side right now

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Blunt -

Are those complete with the backing and ready to install?  So the $250 price, is that at a dealer or another source?

complete OE BMW door panels  255.00 I can get them for you or any of the other suppliers can also help...Max etc etc

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Shameless, I know.  One thing I learned from the home automation industry, is that most often people just aren't clear on possibilities until shown what can be done.   -so here comes..

Since you are using the carpet kit from Esty, now is the time to consider what you want to do for audio in the car. Now, or later..   My speaker kick panels are clean and neat, and Esty will substitute in the properly sized covers free of charge when you order your carpet set from her.  And if you don't intend to do anything with audio now, the panels can live quietly under the carpet, and look completely 'stock'.

Here's a link to the panels, if you are interested..

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/classifieds/item/1357-speaker-kick-panels-and-underseat-sub-enclosure/

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Euro -

I am not going to be putting speakers back in the door panels and I am interested in the front speaker mounting location I saw in the link you sent.  Since I'm doing the carpets and now is the best time to plan for and install speakers, I would like to talk with you.  I can be reached at: skjerven4198@yahoo.com

Stuart