• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Belt Line Chrome Trim Installation

On 2/15/2022 at 11:03 AM, LbRex said:

These new MVP trim pieces fit well. Walloth’s tab kit also complete with a couple of extra plastic tabs and the smaller metal/nutted retainers. 

Sorry maybe I missed it elsewhere, but where did you get the trim kit from? It looks to fit pretty nice. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I'm taking my car back to the shop that painted it a couple of years ago for some warranty work, and while there I want to have the shop replace several of the clips that hold the beltline trim, but I have a question about the plastic clips being sold in many places to attach the beltline trim.

The plastic clips shown here

https://www.iemotorsport.com/product/beltline-aluminum-trim-hardware-kit-2002/

and here

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/fastening-set-for-upper-chrome-trim-line-waist-trim-line-complete-for-1-car-101-pieces-metal-pieces-made-of-stainless-steel-and-plastic-clips-you-need-1-for-1-car.html

have a “post” that extends from the front/outside of the clip.  The post is taller than the depth of the aluminum trim, i.e., the trim cannot be snapped onto the clip over the post.

Is the post used solely as a handle to insert the four expanding “petals” into to the hole on the sheet metal, an then is the post supposed to be cut off with side cutters?  Or am I somehow misunderstanding how to use these clips?

Drive the "post" in.  It spreads the tangs to secure the clip to the car body.  To remove a clip, drive the "post" thru the clip or back out to the outside.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.