• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Made Someone's Day Today

yesterday morning my '74tii and I rolled into a gas station in Santa Ana, there was an awesomely awesome black 633 at a pump.  The owner and I chatted, he lives in San Diego, and it is his third 6-series.  He was flabbergasted that I had owned mine for 38-1/2 years.  He likes to drive different cars, so he buys and sells to get something "different."

Cheers,

Carl

On Saturday at the autocross, the food cart guy (who has been to countless autocrosses and seen far quicker and more expensive cars), actually left his post to check out the 2002.  He was really excited to actually see a 2002, and that someone was running the hell out of it.  I took him for a ride-along, and put in my fastest run that day.  I told him to check out the FAQ and get one of his own.  (Scott, you out there?)

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

yesterday morning my '74tii and I rolled into a gas station in Santa Ana, there was an awesomely awesome black 633 at a pump.  The owner and I chatted, he lives in San Diego, and it is his third 6-series.  He was flabbergasted that I had owned mine for 38-1/2 years.  He likes to drive different cars, so he buys and sells to get something "different."

Cheers,

Carl

Hey Bro, what color is your ride? I was cruising to work a couple of weeks ago through Irvine and a pastel blue 74tii with Ykima rakcs and fairing came up behind me. Clean car. BTW - I work in Santa Ana as well.

Edited by vinntagejoe

j

1975 - modified - the "silver back"

@https://twitter.com/jangelurbano

Oh yeah! I was driving my '76 Inka '02 here in Charlotte NC and thought a Range Rover was following me around. And it was. When I pulled into a parking lot and parked, so did the Rover. She gets out and asks to buy my '02. Sorry, not for sale right now. Well, how much anyway, she says? I give an astronomical figure, and she frowns, saying her then fiancé sold his Inka '02 back in the 80's to buy her engagement ring, and she wants to give him one like it for their anniversary - very touching. OK, fine. About six months later, a young man stops me in a gas station with a similar story. I tell him his mother has already asked. He laughs and say no way. Then he calls her, and sure enough, it's her - we both laugh. Fun. Then about a year later another young guy does the same. I tell him of the first two encounters, and we both laugh as it's been his family. THEN, shortly after, an older guy in a Jag waves me down at the grocery lot with the same story. It was HIS '02, and he's dying to get another. He ends up with a '72 Malaga from a friend of mine! Happy ending. These little cars do attract attention!

1976 2002 Inka

2008 M5 Sapphire Black Metallic, 6-speed