02 Made Someone's Day Today

sislane

Nice weather allowed me to take the 02 to work today. Had a cool sales rep visit today who has visited 3-4 times a year for several years. He started talking shop & I asked him if he saw the the little blue car in the lot. He was really excited to know it was mine & asked if I could spare 10 mins to take him for a ride. We dropped work stuff & ripped up the road. He absolutely loved it, smile on his face the entire ride. Talked for 30 mins about it & then back to work. As he was leaving he still had a smile on his face & said it really made his day, which made my day. These cars are so much fun.

Scott

I had a lady around sixty stop me in a grocery store parking lot to say she had learned to drive in a 2002 that was the same color as mine.  I let her sit in it and she told me how much she loved hers until her kid brother wrecked it.  She actually started crying.

LOL..if you were in south florida this could have been my sister.  mom had a new 73 2002 that i drove for a while, then younger sister learned to drive on it, then younger brother did.....then he was driving it when it was totaled.  oddly enough, several years later we saw the car back on the road in the town next to where we had been living.

LOL!

I am despicable.

Had to go to the post office this morning (pick up the new gear shift knob) so I stopped at Starbucks. I parked next to a E46 red (close to Verona, sorta) vert. Grab my coffee. Sat outside cause I don't drink and drive.

Enjoying the outside lawn couch, under the umbrella, when I hear a feminine voice, "Is that your red car?" I got a knot in my stomach thinking someone had hit it. On edge I replied, "uhh yes."

To which she replied, "OMG its so cute! You parked next to my red BMW. Is it okay if I take pictures of our cars together?"

Long story short, she is a nursing student and my car is an aphrodisiac.

Edited by Koblenz

Yes this happens quite often, actually within minutes of buying the car several years ago I was gassing up at Sunoco and a dude stopped by and did the nostalgic thing. It's a nice, welcome way to meet people.

When they say "I used to own one" I always reply, 'Any why not now?'.

Like me and the car, mostly graybeards though, except when my son takes it out and meets his pals at car hangouts where it's a big topic with many people asking if it's for sale (yes).

The nostalgia bit happens most of the time when I'm gassing up the '73 at the local Air Force base (Wright-Patterson) BX gas station.  Someone will come over to tell me that he or she had one when stationed in Germany or brought one back from Germany or owned one here in the states.  I tell 'em that mine has always been an Air Force car, as I bought it from an AF officer back in 1978, and bought my '69 new as a 1/Lt.

mike

Then there was the time I pulled into a gas station behind an E46 M3 in look-at-me LeMans Blue.  I was chatting with the owner when a couple in a ratty old Ford Bronco drove up and the woman screamed how much she liked my car.  We chatted for a few minutes, and they never noticed the M3. After they left (they only came in to see the '02, not for gas), the owner of the M3 said that maybe he should have kept his tii......

Nearly every day at the shop somebody stops in saying that they've never seen so many '02s in one place before, and then most ask if any of them are for sale, that or ask if they're OUR cars. Usually it's less than a minute, but sometimes I think to myself... "If I had a dollar for every time..." Na, I get a kick outta working on all the '02s that we do; if I didn't I wouldn't be there. ;)

Edited by tjones02

Nearly every day at the shop somebody stops in saying that they've never seen so many '02s in one place before, and then most ask if any of them are for sale, that or ask if they're OUR cars. Usually it's less than a minute, but sometimes I think to myself... "If I had a dollar for every time..." Na, I get a kick outta working on all the '02s that we do; if I didn't I wouldn't be there. ;)

Usually they just ask to look at my oscilloscope.

;-)