• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Made Someone's Day Today

Nice weather allowed me to take the 02 to work today. Had a cool sales rep visit today who has visited 3-4 times a year for several years. He started talking shop & I asked him if he saw the the little blue car in the lot. He was really excited to know it was mine & asked if I could spare 10 mins to take him for a ride. We dropped work stuff & ripped up the road. He absolutely loved it, smile on his face the entire ride. Talked for 30 mins about it & then back to work. As he was leaving he still had a smile on his face & said it really made his day, which made my day. These cars are so much fun.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

the last time i did this the Corvette owner swore he would never ride with me again and offered an arse kickin, never really even pushed but thats what Highway 17 to Santa Cruz will do to a newbie......................

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

I had a lady around sixty stop me in a grocery store parking lot to say she had learned to drive in a 2002 that was the same color as mine.  I let her sit in it and she told me how much she loved hers until her kid brother wrecked it.  She actually started crying.

I had a lady around sixty stop me in a grocery store parking lot to say she had learned to drive in a 2002 that was the same color as mine.  I let her sit in it and she told me how much she loved hers until her kid brother wrecked it.  She actually started crying.

LOL..if you were in south florida this could have been my sister.  mom had a new 73 2002 that i drove for a while, then younger sister learned to drive on it, then younger brother did.....then he was driving it when it was totaled.  oddly enough, several years later we saw the car back on the road in the town next to where we had been living.

2xM3

LOL!

I am despicable.

Had to go to the post office this morning (pick up the new gear shift knob) so I stopped at Starbucks. I parked next to a E46 red (close to Verona, sorta) vert. Grab my coffee. Sat outside cause I don't drink and drive.

Enjoying the outside lawn couch, under the umbrella, when I hear a feminine voice, "Is that your red car?" I got a knot in my stomach thinking someone had hit it. On edge I replied, "uhh yes."

To which she replied, "OMG its so cute! You parked next to my red BMW. Is it okay if I take pictures of our cars together?"

Long story short, she is a nursing student and my car is an aphrodisiac.

Edited by Koblenz

Yes this happens quite often, actually within minutes of buying the car several years ago I was gassing up at Sunoco and a dude stopped by and did the nostalgic thing. It's a nice, welcome way to meet people.

When they say "I used to own one" I always reply, 'Any why not now?'.

Like me and the car, mostly graybeards though, except when my son takes it out and meets his pals at car hangouts where it's a big topic with many people asking if it's for sale (yes).

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

The nostalgia bit happens most of the time when I'm gassing up the '73 at the local Air Force base (Wright-Patterson) BX gas station.  Someone will come over to tell me that he or she had one when stationed in Germany or brought one back from Germany or owned one here in the states.  I tell 'em that mine has always been an Air Force car, as I bought it from an AF officer back in 1978, and bought my '69 new as a 1/Lt.

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Then there was the time I pulled into a gas station behind an E46 M3 in look-at-me LeMans Blue.  I was chatting with the owner when a couple in a ratty old Ford Bronco drove up and the woman screamed how much she liked my car.  We chatted for a few minutes, and they never noticed the M3. After they left (they only came in to see the '02, not for gas), the owner of the M3 said that maybe he should have kept his tii......

Nearly every day at the shop somebody stops in saying that they've never seen so many '02s in one place before, and then most ask if any of them are for sale, that or ask if they're OUR cars. Usually it's less than a minute, but sometimes I think to myself... "If I had a dollar for every time..." Na, I get a kick outta working on all the '02s that we do; if I didn't I wouldn't be there. ;)

Edited by tjones02

Tom Jones

BMW mechanic for over 25 years, BMWCCA since 1984
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 585k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Nearly every day at the shop somebody stops in saying that they've never seen so many '02s in one place before, and then most ask if any of them are for sale, that or ask if they're OUR cars. Usually it's less than a minute, but sometimes I think to myself... "If I had a dollar for every time..." Na, I get a kick outta working on all the '02s that we do; if I didn't I wouldn't be there. ;)

Usually they just ask to look at my oscilloscope.

;-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

It will be a while before I can "make someone's day" with a spirited ride but you'll be glad to know I finally got my tii out of the warehouse and to my garage so the work can begin...

post-43366-0-22293500-1373823950_thumb.j

post-43366-0-86026400-1373823958_thumb.j

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold