• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Girling Big Brake Question

Conway

Just a quick question.  Did some searching and what I found seems to answer my question, but wanted to ask any way.  I'm upgrading to the girling calipers.  I removed the hardlines from the old calipers and installed on the girlings.  Went to fit it up last night, and it seems the old hardlines are too short and don't reach the support on the strut housing.  I may be missing something and will do more fitting tonight, but I wanted to confirm that I do indeed use the old hardlines on the girling calipers.

Thanks.

Ryan

'75 Pastellblau "ol blue"

Did you trim the backing pads?

That can interfere with fitment.

If they're Volvo calipers on standard struts, did you spacer them off the strut .070"?

Does a wet duck quack at night?

hth

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Yep, backing plates trimmed.  Yep, spacers ready to go in.  The hardlines just seem an inch or two short from properly sitting on the support on the strut.  It was late, I'll reinvestigate today.

Ryan

'75 Pastellblau "ol blue"