What Belt To Use?

devotion

bringing a 76 back after 5 years of sitting. Im trying to figure out what belts I will need for the motor. Is there a large sepentine belt that will run everything including the AC? Or is there a different belt for alternator, fan, and ac. Any part numbers would be greatly appreciated as all the guys at the local parts store are equally gifted as I am when it comes to searching for parts.

Jon

John,

A great resource for you will be realoem.com  The website is an older version of BMW's ETK program (the parts program bmw dealerships access).  Once you're in the "archive" section you'll be able to view blow up diagrams and part numbers (the pricing is often inaccurate [some prices currently higher some lower] as BMW's pricing algorithm is constantly changing/updating). 

You can then use these part numbers with whomever your favorite parts supplier is.

To the best of my knowledge no serpentine belt exists. 

Edited by AceAndrew

generally speaking  if a motor is missing the air conditioning belt it's because of

failed (say "seized!" ) compressor, idler tensior pully bearing. The A/C belt is

always wider than the Alternator/Water Punp/Fan belt

no serpintine belt on these motors

Alt/water pump/fan belt = 9.5 x 875 ?

A/C belt will be 10  or 12.5 x ____ ?

please help out all you AIRCONDITIONing Loving guys/gals

all my A/C parts are at the bottom of the neighbors pool!

There are several A/C configurations, so the length of the belt can vary.

On my tii I am using the NAPA belt 25-9309. Here is a conversion chart:

http://www.autobeltsonline.com/autobeltcrossreference.html

And CDiesel: A/C is actually very useful year-round. You would be surprised how quickly you can defog windows when driving in the rain.

generally speaking  if a motor is missing the air conditioning belt it's because of

failed (say "seized!" ) compressor, idler tensior pully bearing. The A/C belt is

At some point you really have to post up pictures of this infamous pool.