• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320i drum upgrade question

I found your pics before hand and actually just finished everything right now. I just got to put the wheels back on and test drive them. Off to get all the dirt off of my hands and fingers. Anyone doing front rotors and rear drums have about 10 pairs of gloves handy as 5 wasn't sufficient!

So, question to add on to this as I'm thinking about e21 drums as well. Has anyone tried using the e21 ebrake setup? From what I've seen there seem to be some complaints about '02 ones.

what "setup" are you refering to? the common 320 rear brake upgrade on an 02 includes all the parts of the e21 brakes..including the ebrake internals. you can't just change the "drums".

2xM3

So, question to add on to this as I'm thinking about e21 drums as well. Has anyone tried using the e21 ebrake setup? From what I've seen there seem to be some complaints about '02 ones.

what "setup" are you refering to? the common 320 rear brake upgrade on an 02 includes all the parts of the e21 brakes..including the ebrake internals. you can't just change the "drums".

Sorry should have clarified, by setup I mean, the ebrake handle and cable along with the e21 brakes.

I am also curious.

Can the Hand Brake/EBrake Handle from a 320i be put

into a 2002? Is it a more functional upgrade?

A Forum search yielded many threads relating to 320i rear

brakes, cables, etc. but no specific mention of the handle itself

other than references to cable adjustments.

Anyone done this? I have handbrake improvement kit installed, and

cables adjusted and my handle still waggles a bit to and fro still have to

put in gear on a hill as it wants to creep backwards.

Maybe I need new cables or something, but am wondering if the handle

from the 320 would be a good upgrade in addition to the brakes from same?

ebrake handle assembly from practically any bmw can be made to work. they all involve cutting out the existing mount and welding/bolting in the complete assembly from the other car. the flex i have seen in 2002 ebrakes is not in the handle itself, it is in the welded in mounting points.

2xM3