abuwithpscai

Value of an NK (2000)

6 posts / 1260 viewsLast Reply

Many of you have been through battling with your insurer over the value of your NK. I found the 1969 2000 in Arizona here, and used it as top end in USA. I looked in Hagerty and My 2000 is a solid Condition 3 car. Bottom end of Condition three is above the value quoted by the insurer.

Do any of you have selling articles over the past five years? I do not think there were any in the Roundel, but you all, as restorers of KN may have seen them. I want to present true value of a 2000 to the insurer. My car photo's is in the registry .

Thanks for the help

sincerely

Lawrence Smith

Norfolk, VA

Switch companies, I use American Collectors for my coupe and the stated value is way above what one can find in public sales. I used State Farm for my NK at $10K but not a stated value, I may change later on.

I insure my cars through hagerty as well. I don't really have a problem with stated values. I have a few NK cars and I don't have a problem with stated values at 15 to 25k

Rey

Thank to you both for the recommendation. I may have to switch companies, but am prevented from using collector oriented companies because do not have a garage. Maybe next year if we move southward to the Blue Ridge Bimmers.

Lawrie,

Please send me your address so I can send you your wiper arm.

mcmil at prodigy dot net

Follow up - which will bring comfort to many. Thanks to the comments on the NK Forum and the posting of the pristine 2000 in NM, I was able to convince the insurance company to take another look. I sent them 110 copies of repairs and service starting with the purchase date up to last year. They had a segment of their assessors (who are not acknowledged) who deal with antiques, look at it. End result, new assessment of value right in the ball park for a Condition 3 car - and a check that comes close to covering the repair. Thank you all.