• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Federal 595 13" tires

Would you mind posting what you paid.

I've got a set of 13*6 BWA's that need

to be refinished and was going to put

these tires on them

I paid $99 a tire. Bought local. It came to $430 with tax. Here is the list of legend dealers:

http://www.uslegendcars.com/getting_started/find_a_dealer/

Ben in Denver

2000 Touring INKA 3357390

• Alpina
Nice. I got the same tires, but went with 185's.

How wide are the rims you putting these on?

Jake.

My friend bought a set of these(federal)and I was told by him they are not true 205's they are more like 185's. he stacked a set of 205's next to them and the difference was huge! If you have a way to measure them against other tires an post it will be great, as I was about to buy a set when I heard te news!

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

My friend bought a set of these(federal)and I was told by him they are not true 205's they are more like 185's. he stacked a set of 205's next to them and the difference was huge! If you have a way to measure them against other tires an post it will be great, as I was about to buy a set when I heard te news!

um...ok... did he measure? Mine are for sure 205.

Ben in Denver

• Alpina

I'm just going by what he told me, he bought a set of 205/60 federals and compared with another set of different brand 205/60's and the difference was huge! If you could measure your width to compare with others, it'll be great. as my friend returned his! I'm actually looking for 205/60/13's and it will be great to know!

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

I'm just going by what he told me, he bought a set of 205/60 federals and compared with another set of different brand 205/60's and the difference was huge! If you could measure your width to compare with others, it'll be great. as my friend returned his! I'm actually looking for 205/60/13's and it will be great to know!

Interesting. These Federal tires are pretty much the only way to go unless you want some Toyo or Hoosier with R compound... I'll have them mounted next week when the weather is a little nicer and I will post a follow up.

Ben

Ben in Denver

I don´t want to rain on your parade, but keep an eye on them. I´ve heard a lot of bad things about those. On a swedish forum, a lot of user have ended up with large cracks. Some of them after track days, but these are from normal driving.:

http://www.rejsa.com/im/user/20821/2012-07-06-12-59-57_2012-07-05-001-1.jpg

These have run on track. He noticed an "unbalance" at the Nordscheife.:

http://rejsa.nu/im/_2011/15328_2011-09-26-imag0917.jpg

Before I read about them there I asked my tire shop, he said "Hell no, but I can order some real crap for you. Cheaper and better than Federals."

Not sure of facts, can be a bad batch, but keep an eye on them.

Ola Gustafson
Sweden
-------------------
1975 Taiga Euro 2002 3685483 - Weber 38/38 DGMS - Pertronix Ignitor - H&R Cup Kit - TEP headers and Simons 2" sport exhaust - 3.91 LSD.