• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: Bruce Weiner microcar aution results

Chamoix

For you fans of microcars and Isettas, here is a link to the results of the recent R&M auction of the 250+ Bruce Weiner collection. Top seller $322K!! An Isetta pickup went for $97K. I think everyone was surprised at the prices. I expect Bruce is pretty happy too.

http://www.rmauctions.com/results/result.cfm?feature=No&category=all&salecode=BW13&sort=price&view=list%A4cy=&toYear=&fromYear=&make=&lot=&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_content=email&utm_campaign=The%20Bruce%20Weiner%20Microcar%20Museum%20Results%21&utm_term=result.cfm

I had a chance to visit the museum back in December. It was an amazing collection, but I wasn't tempted to go back for the auction.

'71 02 - parts car with not many parts left

'73 02 - weekend toy and money pit

'74 04 - sold in '91

'03 325iT - for trips and bad weather

'03 50cc Honda Scooter - for my 2 mile commute

'06 50cc Honda scooter - wife's commuter

I'm sort of curious as to where the money goes. I suppose it is possible that the cars still belonged to Bruce, but since the museum (A54, History Museum) is incorporated as a 501©3 not for profit, no individual(s) can profit directly from the sale of any assetts. Perhaps the museum and its property were the museuem, and Bruce loaned the cars on semi-permanent status? Who knows...

David