• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2012 Bay Area 02 Not the 49 Mile Scenic Drive PHOTO THREAD

Beck180

Had a great time driving this year's NT49MSD. Especially since I got the chance to design the course!

A few of the roads (like O'Shaughnessy Blvd and Twin Peaks Blvd) are well known fun and unique pieces of asphalt. But even being an SF native, I was able to find some great roads I had never driven: the trip around Grand View Park in the Inner Sunset district, Mansell Road in McLaren Park and the truely curviest street in SF (not Lombard) Vermont Street in the Potrero Hill Neighborhood.

Below is the route we drove (broke into two halves because Google Maps has a limit on user defined turns).

Part 1: http://bit.ly/UqymWi

route_part_1.jpg

Part 2: http://bit.ly/TQdWtC

route_part_2.jpg

NT49MSD_01.JPG

NT49MSD_02.JPG

Tom Jones' very cool euro E28 518i

NT49MSD_03.JPG

My 74Tii

NT49MSD_04.JPG

Drivers and navigators get their directions.

NT49MSD_05.JPG

The horshoe turn near the top of Twin Peaks. On a clear day you can see the amazing SF skyline and nearly the entire North and East Bay Areas

NT49MSD_06.JPG

Saturday was Santa-Con. Hence the people in Santa costumes wandering Twin Peaks Blvd.

NT49MSD_07.JPG

NT49MSD_08.JPG

The truely curviest road in San Francisco, Vermont Street. This the road Ken Block drove up in his last video.

NT49MSD_09.JPG

NT49MSD_11.JPG

NT49MSD_12.JPG

Probably my favorite car from the event. Forget who's it was though.

NT49MSD_13.JPG

Chico Jo. Which car is yours around Chico. I have a 76 fjord that has recently been restored. I'm on the west side of town in the avenues.

--Scott

1985 318i (My First); 1996 535i (Loved it/sold it); 1999 323is (My kid likes'em too); 2003 325i (BMW Buy Back)

2005 530i (Best Ride Ever); 2007 x5 (Loved the look, but not the maintenance); 1976 2002 (Bitch'in ride)

Hi Beck--

Thanks for all of your work, and for posting the photos; as I expected they are fine! I'm glad the santa hill climb demonstrated how unique San Francisco can be without additional excitement.

If others want a copy of the route instructions and photo page DOC files, send me an e-mail.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

I want to thank Larry and Beck for organizing such a fun event. My daughters, wife and I loaded into the '02 for a full day in the car. We never stopped smiling! Great roads through a beautiful city, and a friendly group with which to share the experience. Now that we are back into the 2002 fold after many drought years, we look forward to many more events down the road. I have attached a few pictures from the day. I can't match Beck's expertise but hopefully they capture the spirit. Thanks again.

Brian

P1180878_zpsd656b9ae.jpg

P1180879_zpse5de6ee9.jpg

P1180882_zps252c3e27.jpg

P1180898_zps231a6d42.jpg

P1180904_zpsf8ba8f73.jpg

P1180908_zpsc9f47c81.jpg

• 2 weeks later...