• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you remove the back seats 72 2002

LeeMW

If installed, remove screw from perpendicular floor board securing bottom cushion frame down. Located a bit off center. Using force, pull up on lead edge of bottom cushion held down by spring steel tabs at each corner. Once removed there is a screw at the bottom of the back cushion on each side. Once screws are removed back cushion will push up off of slotted tabs holding cushion frame to back board.

Daron

just lift up from the front edge to "pop" it loose. There are a pair of screws holding the seat back in place via a straight bracket, one on the left & one on the right at the outer bottom edge, often obscured by the seat belt reel. Once the screws are removed, lift the seat back up & out - there are vertical brackets up high near the hat rack holding it in place.

There is a screw/bolt holding the seat bottom in place on my E28s!

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

belive that started with the squarelights in '74. That being said...

The clips holding the seat cushion in place are pretty stiff, so it takes a good uppercut directed against the leading edge of the cushion to dislodge it.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite