• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clutch not working after washing car?

ATLBMW

....add to your shoping list a PRESSURE BLEEDER,

and a new cap for your fluid res. Water&moisture

is entering your fluid res.

VERY BAD FOR THE HYDRAULICS!

NO ONE HAS BEEN FLUSHING YOUR BRAKE/CLUTCH

systems in a dogs age, Now it's your duty to start a yearly

flushing.

Purchase an Owner's handbook and repair manual and

start changing all the fluids, topping up steering gear,

and then you'll have a better understanding about

what happens when you turn the key ON with this

very simple car.

Welcome

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

it looks like there might be a few people down there. i took a quick look using the "site search" function and entering "Columbus, GA".

Itis pretty rare that I get south of ATL, but if I'm ever rolling by I'll let you know! when it is auto-x season I'm down to Atlanta Motor Speedway every month or so, but that is still fairly far from you.

Jon

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty late posting the update here, but wanted to make sure I let everyone know where this issue stands. It's fixed! Through the forum, I found graham73tii who lives here in Columbus, and was nice enough to come buy and help me change out the clutch slave cylinder.

After changing the slave cylinder, and bleeding the system, we started the car and unfortunately it still would not go into gear.

Graham73tii had one last idea, and that was to try push starting the car in 3rd, and seeing if starting it in gear would allow us to knock it back out of gear.

It worked! The going theory now is that I may have a throw-out bearing going bad, and that is something I plan to address down the road as I understand that is not an immediate threat.

Graham73tii was a godsend, as we found a couple of other small repairs to do including replugging in the vacuum hose for the distributor from the carburetor, and a few other things to help the car run better.

Thanks everybody, thanks Graham73tii!

1976 2002