71bmr02

distributor parts sources

4 posts / 430 viewsLast Reply

Look like it may be time for a new (reman?) distributor. tuning up recently and the ball wont hold steady, removed the distributor,disassembled and found the weights have worn groves in the plate, not doubt the springs are shot.

does anyone have a recomendation for sourcing a distributor or parts to rebuild mine (0 231 180 005 jfud4). cardone offers a reman but im not familar with that company or quality of products.

if anyone has an extra 005 in good conditionand want to trade for a mechanical advance let me know.

thanks

GH

Have it rebuilt! I can highly recommend "Advanced Distributors" in Minnesota. Their work is top notch and turnaround time is about 10-14 days. Easily Google-able.

I've also used the "reproduction" tii Mech adv 002 unit offered by Ireland Engineering (they've improved upon their original version) and found it to work well. I would have kept using it but I wanted to keep my car original and went back to the Bosch one that came with the car after having Advanced Distributors rebuild it.

Cost: under $200.

They rebuilt and recurved my 73's dizzy to match the compression ratio and cam in the engine, and even left the advance unit on so it looks correct, even though it is disconnected.

Works great--smoothest the engine has ever run!

cheers

mike