• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

You know you picked the right women when...

Rocan

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...

Everyone, PLEASE don't show my wife this story. I beg of you. When we met I had an '81 Chevette with the semi- aero package (previous owner side -swiped something so hard the entire passenger side was caved in). It did slip through the wind, though. It was a very, very low quality piece of...machinery.

I don't want to see that car ever again. Never-- especially restored with its two- tone blue paint and 4sp.

My next car was the 2002 and I've purchased a few more over the years (see below) but haven't sold a car since.

Can you guys dig up any feel- good stories about a wealthy spouse/benfactor restoring someone's 2nd or 3rd car? I'll welcome that.

74 '02- M2 under construction by SnailPace Restoration, Inc.

88 M3 unmodified when retired from track

97 332is CrewCab (M3/4/5 )

99 MCoupe-- track rat

Everyone, PLEASE don't show my wife this story. I beg of you. When we met I had an '81 Chevette with the semi- aero package (previous owner side -swiped something so hard the entire passenger side was caved in). It did slip through the wind, though. It was a very, very low quality piece of...machinery.

I don't want to see that car ever again. Never-- especially restored with its two- tone blue paint and 4sp.

My next car was the 2002 and I've purchased a few more over the years (see below) but haven't sold a car since.

Can you guys dig up any feel- good stories about a wealthy spouse/benfactor restoring someone's 2nd or 3rd car? I'll welcome that.

LOL! LOL!

Hey... this is probably the first thing I've seen that a rich person has done tastefully. Normally their taste in cars, houses, clothes, etc... are all over the top and ugly as sin to show off their 'wealth'.

But i honestly could say that if we won the lottery, my wife would probably get me a similar gift.

Very cool and very jealous.

"rich people doing rich people things" - comment sums it up.

great gift, just unrealistic for us realistic folks...

you are right... you have to be "realistic" to not make millions...

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

Hey... this is probably the first thing I've seen that a rich person has done tastefully. Normally their taste in cars, houses, clothes, etc... are all over the top and ugly as sin to show off their 'wealth'.

But i honestly could say that if we won the lottery, my wife would probably get me a similar gift.

Very cool and very jealous.

"rich people doing rich people things" - comment sums it up.

great gift, just unrealistic for us realistic folks...

you are right... you have to be "realistic" to not make millions...

I agree with all comments. But, still a cool thing regardless. Rich or not, that was a very thoughtful thing that his wife did and I think we can all agree that it would be damn sweet if we could have experienced the same thing.

1974 Grey European Market BMW 2002 

1976 Yellow BMW 2002 "GOLDENROD" SOLD

1972 Yellow Austin Mini 1000

A bunch of Bikes...