• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brake bleeding question

bobleo873

okay check it out... i want to bleed my brakes before i go out and buy a new master cylinder but i have multiple bleeding valves on my calipers... can anyone explpain to me which valve to bleed them from, also any other tips i should know about my car, this will be my first time bleeding the brakes on a 2002 thanks

Keepin it old Skewl ;)

i know how to bleed them, imma do it the old two person, one pump one hold way BUT there are multiple bleed valves on each caliper, my problem is not how to bleed, its which of the bleed valves on my caliper do i bleed from, i couldnt find it on the forum so i started a new post

Keepin it old Skewl ;)

I read that link to brake bleeding. I like that gravity method .... LOL !!

The old-fashioned two-man method, I do it slightly different.

Rather than pump 5 times .....

1) I open the bleeder screw just a bit.

2) I then yell "down" at my pal .... he pushes the pedal to the floor and stops, then yells "down" at me. I then close the bleeder screw.

3) I yell "up" and my pal lets the pedal up, then yells "up" when it is fully up.

I repeat 1-2-3 until I have a Clean, Clear, & bubble-free stream of fresh fluid.

Fluid and air only move in one direction: downstream from master cylinder to brake cylinder and out. No chance to pull anything back in since the bleeder screw is always closed when the pedal moves "up."

Something different .....

Cheers,

Carl

Guest Anonymous

+! on Original Owner - do 'em that way, start furthest from reservoir and work towards it. You only need to do each one one time, keep reservoir full of fluid.

Thanks everyone, I went ahead and did the whole system, also the upper, inner outer thing on my two front calipers, shot out some nasty black excuse of break fluid Haha but anyway I came to the verdict that I do not have air in my lines, next thing to look at is my master cylinder, can anyone tell me the signs of a bad brake booster?

Keepin it old Skewl ;)