• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Please need your pro advices on buying this 02

Highgrade

Hi Guys,

I am buying this car to redeem myself after wrecking my newly rebuilt NK 1800 last week in a bad accident :-(, that fortunately spared me and the fresh engine but the chassis of the car is dead beyond repair.

Some info about the car (please see pics below):

Pros (I think):

VIN 2770611 (used to be a euro 74 tii)

Rebuilt rear end with m3 diff

02 turbo dash in ok condition

oem turbo flares + spoiler in driver condition

Nice seats (may be not period c but super comfy)

nice double headlights grill.

OEM rebuilt suspension.

Nice Nardi Wheel (Alpina logo i think from e30)

relocated battery in trunk

New tires with BBS 14

Price 3000usd

Cons:

some rust under, on frame rails and tire well

no back seats but huge sound system instead

modified center console.

Paint falling of in engine bay

Heavily modded trunk with woo panel etc

Overall paint is tired but I plan to wrap it in some army green Vinyl and give it a rat rod look.

Now the question is should I keep it with the engine inside of it at the moment an L jet tronic 1.8 m10 (1985), or should I drop my freshly rebuilt 1800 engine with Lynx manifold weber 45, new korman head with 292 shrick and new mahle pistons in it?

Will it be possible to mate it to the 5 speed trans (getrag 240) from the 1.8i engine?

Your feed back will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

post-19689-13667663426693_thumb.jpg

post-19689-13667663427151_thumb.jpg

post-19689-13667663427682_thumb.jpg

post-19689-13667663428142_thumb.jpg

Do Good Attitood

sure - drop your motor in it if you can buy it for $1000

find a 'better' donor roller for your motor - pass on this one

unless the price is REALLY right!

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Thanks for the replies guys, its certainly priced high but unfortunately here in Thailand I've been looking for some cheaper and non modded cars but they are all priced higher than 5000usd, even without anything rebuilt or upgraded.

I know at least the history of this one from the PPO who did all those mods.

I'll give it a shot and make a Hotrod out of it sorry for the purists :-).

Any comments on if the getrag 5speed 240 from the 85 engine will fit my old 67, 1800 block?

Thanks

Do Good Attitood

Thanks for the replies guys, its certainly priced high but unfortunately here in Thailand I've been looking for some cheaper and non modded cars but they are all priced higher than 5000usd, even without anything rebuilt or upgraded.

I know at least the history of this one from the PPO who did all those mods.

I'll give it a shot and make a Hotrod out of it sorry for the purists :-).

Any comments on if the getrag 5speed 240 from the 85 engine will fit my old 67, 1800 block?

Thanks

yes it will, all m10's have the same bell housing pattern. what happened to the NK?

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

Thanks Nick,

Unfortunately I was enjoying the Lynx Weber 45dcoe unconsciously when I lost control and hit a coconut tree in a curve :-(.

The right fender & door (driver side) of the car were smashed and the chassis is bent beyond repair. Fortunately I escaped with only glass cuts and a broken nose and thankfully no one else was involved. The engine was spared in the accident that's why I decided to find a 2002 shell and use it as I only drove it 1500km before the accident.

Well I think I learned my lesson as it was stupid to drive that fast in the streets knowing that the car needed a suspension rebuilt as the front shocks were tired.

I understand why all of experienced enthusiasts preach rebuilding the safety elements first before upgrading the engine power.

Regards,

Omar

Do Good Attitood

great attitude about learning Omar! unfortunate you lost your NK.

contrary to others opinions, i would say that car you are asking about may be a good choice. sure it has some mods, but all that heavy stereo stuff is removable. a lot of the car looks good, especially if you are going to do the rat rod thing. only thing that concerns me would be to really, really closely look at that frame rail rust. is it surface rust or serious rust? anything can be fixed, but that is not an area to cut corners in.

2xM3