• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headliner installed!

ziff73

After reading Clay's write up in the FAQ, I decided to cross the headliner off the to-do list on the resto...;-) First off, THANK YOU CLAY! Because of your write up, the headliner was really easy to do...a couple hours one night getting it clipped in place and stretched...then maybe an hour glueing it up the next night! Now I can start polishing trim to get ready for windows to go back in! Next up, Esty's carpet...;-)

IMG_6009.jpg

IMG_6012.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

Haha! thanks, yeah, it works great and was a fraction of the cost of the 'name' units..I also have their 6" Jointer/planer and love it. Tough part is sharing my wood shop (which is how I earn my$$) and the resto space for the car...getting crowded!

The car has to roll outside when work calls!..;-)

IMG_5904.jpg

nice work on the headliner install! that'll be my next project though headliners are NLA with Blunt at the moment. where did you get yours?

btw, your furniture making skills look pretty sharp!

'72 Malaga 23Mar1972

'72 Malaga 11Jul1972
'09 Impreza
'11 Specialized hybrid

Hi there

I will be re-installing my headliner pretty soon. Removing it during resto work there is a fibreboard along the top of the rear window that the headliner is glued to and held in place by (pesky) clips. The headliner seems to have been glued to the fibreboard before installation and then installed before the rest of the headliner was installed (moving towards the front of the cabin I presume). How did you manage to glue the headliner to the fibreboard and then install the fibreboard+headliner so the rest of the headliner is so ssmoooothh?

Thanks!

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

nice work on the headliner install! that'll be my next project though headliners are NLA with Blunt at the moment. where did you get yours?

btw, your furniture making skills look pretty sharp!

Thanks! I got mine from World Upholstery...looks perfect and fit great!

Aahhh...you installed the fibreboard with the pesky clips and the two screws then installed the headliner. To confirm...you glued the headliner to the installed fibreboard after the headliner was nicely stretched and held in place with clips.

That approach seems much easier than guestimating and gluing the headliner to the fibreboard before installing and stretching the remaining headliner.

Thanks!

Nice job!

-Bill

'73 Bavaria, '80 Land Rover Series 2a, '71 2002, '69 2002, '74 3.0s

Only have one small (3/4") tear in mine, but front and back need new rubber so might as well while the windows are out. I'm a pen maker when not in the field and income from that pays for all my 02 stuff. LOML is thrilled with that arragnement!

Jim

'73 Malaga #2590259 - almost done!

Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots