• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TISA wheel alternatives.

joseph

Tisa wheels are rare and expensive. especially if you include shipping to Australia.

i love the smooth look of these wheels (thanks BMWnKTM)

surely there are similar wheels with the same stud pattern and offset and similar look, inc hubcap etc

currently running superlites (FYI)

size

(inch)

14X6 26P

stud pattern

4x100mm

offset (mm)

26positive

backspace (mm)

PCD

95-120

Load (kg)

XF (mm)

Weight (kg)

0327ef80.jpg

greyxksed_no1.jpg

vw-type3-stock-image.jpg

mario party   wario party star By entermeun d4t9ndo

OK, regular NK wheels are 14x4.5 to 14x5 and accept the E3 and earlier NK hubcaps. There are some 14x4.5 NK wheels that have a smaller dia. hubcap mounting that use the early non ringed 1600-2 and late 1502 style hubcaps.

There are many pictures/threads here in the forum from those that have installed standard NK steel wheels o their '02s. Like the blue car you posted, that car looks to also have had it's wheels modified with larger diameter rims making 15" wheels. One user on here that I know of did that with their NK wheels as well.

TiSA wheels are not designed for hubcaps. They didn't even originally use the smaller hub/dust caps either.

Cheers and HTH,

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Think Mazdas have a 4 x 100mm PCD. If you go far enough back you may find some steelies that can be adapted to take a hub-cap or use the Mazda caps with a judicious removal of any emblems.

Beyond that? Hub swaps but you will always have the wheels from 'something else'

Get standard 4.5" 02 steelies modified? Possible but I would be cautious about conservative ADR rules. We are a long way away from all of this sweet stuff aren't we?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

My car (also blue) has steelies and hubcaps from a 2000CS on it. They are 14x5.5. Pics are in the links in my signature.

looks good, thats exactly what i am going for, thanks for the info mate.

Think Mazdas have a 4 x 100mm PCD. If you go far enough back you may find some steelies that can be adapted to take a hub-cap or use the Mazda caps with a judicious removal of any emblems.

Beyond that? Hub swaps but you will always have the wheels from 'something else'

Get standard 4.5" 02 steelies modified? Possible but I would be cautious about conservative ADR rules. We are a long way away from all of this sweet stuff aren't we?

we sure are! :(, i think the stud pattern is the biggest stumbling block, there are less drastic ways around offset.

i am under the impression that ADR rules apply to new cars, used cars only have to pass RWC.

i have a real minimal look planned for her atm.

even something that does not have any emblem on them at all.

smoothie_wheel_rim.jpg

My wheels in the first picture are unmodified TISA rims. They are not 15", but rather the stock 14x6. Like Tom said, they do not accept any style of hubcap, it will require modifications.

I would also recommend wheels from a NK or early 2002 steelies (tii if you can find them). The early 1600 steelies (66-67) are a nice, simple design but might be more difficult to find.

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

I think the ADR rules and how they applied vary state by (Australian) state but I am pretty sure that your car always has to comply with those in force at the time it was built. These will be listed on your compliance plate. In practical terms, modifications fall into two camps: those that were 'period correct' upgrades from the factory (say, fitting a TII engine complete) or those that need an engineers compliance report which may be for a generic product like alloy wheels or specific to your car (like shoehorning a blown big block Chevy into your car). I think, in theory, the former factory upgrade may need upgrades to brakes and suspension to match so that the whole car is a similar spec. This is a bit subjective and is generally decided upon by the same engineer who gives you the report for the other approach.

If your mods look relatively stock where they are related to the original ADR rules then nobody will notice but insurance companies may decline a claim if you are running around with something too wild and you haven't addressed it.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My wheels in the first picture are unmodified TISA rims. They are not 15", but rather the stock 14x6. Like Tom said, they do not accept any style of hubcap, it will require modifications.

in that case are those hub caps from an NK or early 02 and you modified them?

if so. what did you modify; the wheels or the hubcaps?

I think the ADR rules and how they applied vary state by (Australian) state but I am pretty sure that your car always has to comply with those in force at the time it was built. These will be listed on your compliance plate. In practical terms, modifications fall into two camps: those that were 'period correct' upgrades from the factory (say, fitting a TII engine complete) or those that need an engineers compliance report which may be for a generic product like alloy wheels or specific to your car (like shoehorning a blown big block Chevy into your car). I think, in theory, the former factory upgrade may need upgrades to brakes and suspension to match so that the whole car is a similar spec. This is a bit subjective and is generally decided upon by the same engineer who gives you the report for the other approach.

If your mods look relatively stock where they are related to the original ADR rules then nobody will notice but insurance companies may decline a claim if you are running around with something too wild and you haven't addressed it.

yep that makes sense. so i should be safe with a tisa/NK set of wheels yeah? although a hub swap or modifiing other rims to fit under the guards will need a certificate?

Definitely OK with other factory rims plus I really doubt anyone would spot the difference.

A hub swap would need an engineers report but, assuming a straight bolt on swap of another stock hub (including your stock brakes) then it shouldn't be too hard.

rtheriaque wrote: