• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: tii preferably in Northeast

Sahara73

After much research and several failed PPI’s I was advised to post a wanted request here on the board so here goes!

Looking for tii with a clean, rust-free body that is in good running condition. Matching VINs. 4 speed or 5 speed. No personal preference on paint as I plan on doing some work and new paint in near future. Sunroof and AC are a plus. Mod 71 preferred.

As you can see I’m not looking for a rustbox however I’m not looking for an expensive recent restoration. Just a car that needs a good home and will get me around on weekends to club and other car related events. As time and money permit I will return favor with a nice refresh and good paint job.

You can contact me at jeff.keener@mac.com

Regards,

Jeff

Call this guy Carmen and ask him about his '72 tii - tell him Bryan from Brewster sent you - I bought his '74 tii last week and he has a real nice one for sale

609 576-8331 - he is in Margate NJ

Let me know ho you get on.

Is fuel efficiency really what we need most desperately? I say what we really need is a car that can be shot when it breaks down.

- George Carlin

They will not steer you wrong. They helped me with my car search and it turned out great.

My 2002 was manufactured on September 15th, 1971 and delivered on October 22nd, 1971 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granada, paint code 023. It was sold on New Years Eve December 31st 1971.

Mike,

The guy gave first dibs to his mechanic despite going ahead and listing it on craigslist afterwards. Solid california car with no evidence of rust and had original dog leg first 5 spd transmission. Owner joined me for a 45 min drive through the rolling hills of CT. Great experience and definitely set the bar for future test drives. I figured that if the mechanic didn't bite something was wrong and when I received the call from owner that evening that car was taken it was to no surprise of mine.

He purchased the car through Evan Esterman on the West Coast and is going to connect me up with him to search for a similar model. If anyone has any experience sourcing cars through Evan please respond with your thoughts or msg me on side. I googled him and it appears that he has many satisfied customers along with a few who were not so satisfied with no clear resolution...

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff,

i saw your post on Jalopnik. if i can make a suggestion, tii's are great but the fuel.injection is mechanical and thus not everyone knows how to work on it.

standard 02's are much more affordable and can be turned into monsters with select mods.

although TI's were never shipped to the US, these are more rare than tii's and since they are double carbed, they have plenty of grunt.

1971- 02-Malaga -(Ginger)- 2nd owner

1973-02- chamonix (sold)

pardon any grammatical errors in my posts, im probably on my cell phone.