• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tune box 2nd run....short on time, new baby...

PatAllen

Just to let you know that i didnt gave up on the 2nd run, i have all the parts ready to get assembled. in fact i shiped units to almost 50% of the 2nd run customers. Despite the litle problem found with the dwell (dweeeeellll, deellll, dilll, name it like you want, jeez) i still have a lot of comments, questions and all kind of weird request (customisation, software changes, new features,...) that very cool.

i also collected few names for the 3rd run, its just that we just got our 2nd baby so i need to spend some time for the family affairs.

btw its a girl !!

thanks.

2006 530xi, 1974 2002 Automatic summer DD
1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp
1986 yota pick-up, 2006 Smart FT diesel

• 6 months later...

An update is most likely necessary i guess.

Life hasnt been nice with me for the past month so i had to put that project asside a litle bit.

After the hollidays it might clear so i might be able to start a 3rd run. I still got the collected names of the ones who was interested so please be patient.

fwiw, nobody paid me yet so i dont feel that i owe anything to anyone yet.

I am also considering resurecting back from dead similar product as the Mark Ten CDI ignition unit, but with some modern technology. The goal is not to compete with the MSD unit of this world but to offer something mostly suited for 4cyl cars with points or aftermarket triggers, at a decent price.

to be continued...

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp

An update is most likely necessary i guess.

Life hasnt been nice with me for the past month so i had to put that project asside a litle bit.

After the hollidays it might clear so i might be able to start a 3rd run. I still got the collected names of the ones who was interested so please be patient.

fwiw, nobody paid me yet so i dont feel that i owe anything to anyone yet.

I am also considering resurecting back from dead similar product as the Mark Ten CDI ignition unit, but with some modern technology. The goal is not to compete with the MSD unit of this world but to offer something mostly suited for 4cyl cars with points or aftermarket triggers, at a decent price.

to be continued...

I would be interested in knowing more about your ignition unit...hope life gets nicer for you soon. Very much enjoying your wunder box, 1st class workmanship.

1995 Toyota Landcruiser

1975 2002A

1989 Dodge Raider (sold)

1974 Toyota Landcruiser (very sadly sold)

1994 BMW 530i (sold)

1992 BMW 325i (sold)

1970 2002 auto sunroof (sold)

I would be interested in knowing more about your ignition unit...hope life gets nicer for you soon. Very much enjoying your wunder box, 1st class workmanship.

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

What i want to do is to make available some CDI units similar to the Mark Ten/Archerkit, to beef up the ignition power on our 02 without spending an arm and a leg. There can be tons of variations on this theme, such as multi spark, timing curve prog and such. At the end i want something reliable, smaller and cheaper.

A MSD unit is like 200$ theses days, plus the prog chips, plus a coil,...

maybe it is not feasible at all, but i will try.

1985 XR4TI, 22psi ±300hp