• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unsatisfactory experience with Chris76M2

This is short version for now. Long version would not add much.

1. Chris76M2 posts a console plus two spare surrounds in for sale section for $100.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,369343/highlight,console/

2. I react same morning saying I'll take it.

3. Seller resonds affirmatively. We have an agreement at this point. My end calls for payment via paypal. Seller's obligation is to ship the parts to me. Pretty simple. This is legally enforceable.

4. Seller edits his post to say "sold". He also deletes the photo and description.

5. I pay promptly as agreed (within 24-30 hours). Either that day or next morning (Mon).

6. On Mon, seller refunds my payment with a note saying the console side (described as pristine or flawless or some such description now deleted by seller) actually has a tear. Seller says he is not selling now.

7. I say hold on a second. Send me a photo and let me decide. Seller says sure he will send it that night.

8. I see that the description and photo have been deleted. I feel like something sneaky is going on, but keep an open mind.

9. No photo arrives on Mon.

10. On Tues or Weds I tell seller fyi I am planning to post some feedback on this site.

11. Later that day seller says basically he has children and other demands on his time, he doesn't make a living from parts sales, he is a A-ok guy. Still no photos.

12. I say basically he might be the Prince of Monaco but he broke an agreement he had no right to do. At this point I conclude that the seller is in fact a sneak and don't want to waste any more time on him. Regardless of his other demands, he chose to post up a sale and ask me and others to respond. Once he broke the contract he had an enhanced obligation to communicate, not the right to write himself modifications and excuses. I have many other demands on my time. I dont make money buying parts. But I do keep my word.

13. Bottom line -- in my view you should avoid this seller or at least treat him with suspicion. In my opinion even 20 good transactions don't give you license to do as you please in another.

14. No photos yet.

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

Dear oldguy, maybe I was not clear. I did not ask for a refund. I never saw any evidence of a tear. I asked to see so I could decide for myself. I'm not mad and as humorous as your vernacular is to me it misses the point but again itis probably my fault in hasty explanation not your reading comprehension. By the way, I assume the panels are in fact fine and the seller "elected" to renege.

@Esty you are right on reflection it belongs there but that thread is definitely a crap way to communicate. If mine should be moved that's great, with apologies to the person who must do so.

Sorry, I don't mean to make a big deal about it -- it is just the facts. If this community is self-policing then some communication is required.

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

@Esty you are right on reflection it belongs there but that thread is definitely a crap way to communicate. If mine should be moved that's great, with apologies to the person who must do so.

Sorry, I don't mean to make a big deal about it -- it is just the facts. If this community is self-policing then some communication is required.

i doubt anyone, especially me cares where you make a post like this...this, in my opinion is a great way to get the word out but soon it'll be history in the back pages...posted in the feedback thread it is more likely to be seen in the future

and FWIW, i agree with you, a deal's a deal...i've had the same thing happen and not knowing what really happened, i assume someone offered the seller more $'s or something more beneficial to the seller than maintaining his/her integrity/credibility with the buyers here

at least you were refunded right away and didn't have to file a claim with paypal like another member handled things with me...

jburns21 in Savannah, GA...aka jason burns at jburns21@student.scad.edu

why did you never ship the bumper i paid you for or answer my emails...

for sale thread

i bought a bumper from jason, paid as soon as he gave payment instructions...he never ship'd it and ignored all of my emails...it went to a paypal claim and he never responded to paypal either

You may note that Chris spends all his time in the Parts For Sale/Wanted sections, never posts in the General Discussion. He's not on here to be friends with you, or to add to the forum, he's here to sell parts, and probably on many other forums. I use caution when I see people like that selling stuff. Nothing against Chris, I know nothing about him, just an observation I've made.

You're lucky you got your $ back, so that does say something for him.

Thanks for the post.

Scott

1976 2002 Custom Dk Blue w/ Pearl

1975 2002A Sahara (sold Feb 2008)

SiteNamecopy.jpg

Sorry about your buying experience. Not exactly what you expected I'm sure.

On the other side of the equation, my dislike is with bullsh*tin' "buyers" who, say they are as "serious as a heart attack" about buying an item and then disappearing like a fart in the wind when it comes time of commitment.

And they don't even have the courtesy/ethics/morals of sending the seller an email advising that they "changed their minds" or posting a follow-up message on the board that they are "no longer interested".

I keep a record of these people and will not do business with them ever.

........That's my story and I'm stickin' to it..............

mac.

Bummer,

but I'd bet you'd be a lot more pissed if he didn't give you

your money back!

Personally, I'd be disappointed, but things happen.

An honest mistake with an honest refund- that's not dishonest!

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL