• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ordering a sill from BMW

scanner

Can anyone confirm that this is the right part number for the left outer sill - 41 35 6 440 140 ? (1972 2002 Saloon) Its not very clear on the online parts catalogue and is described as 'covering left', this is my first batch of parts im ordering and dont want the wrong parts to ship to NZ! Its number 3 on this diagram

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ST13&mospid=47129&btnr=41_1144&hg=41&fg=20

It's the correct number but the picture is very poor. You do know that it goes under the quarter panel so replacing it correct way is quite a job?

Look here.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,277803/view,next/sid,b88508c9199b752353425b4c3cd584fc/

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

Yeah that is the right part number it can get confusing. And it is labor intensive indeed.

I'm no longer affiliated with Maximillian Importing Company in any way, please address any questions directly to them.  -Thanks.

2002 "tii" coupe 1970
E21 320/6 2.7 Stroker 1981
E23 730 1978

designed to repair a rotted rocker/lower quarter panel. It comes with the "seam" between rocker and qtr panel embossed in the metal, and is suitable to use when the lower part of your quarter panel (under the quarter windows, ahead of the rear wheel opening) is rusted out along with the rocker itself. The ones I've seen come with a few inches of quarter panel above the rocker area for easier piecing.

IIRC they are (or at least were) available as a BMW part, 'cause I got one from Max some years ago. This piece might solve your problem if rocker rust extends from front to rear wheel openings...worked for me.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

Can anyone confirm that this is the right part number for the left outer sill - 41 35 6 440 140 ? (1972 2002 Saloon) Its not very clear on the online parts catalogue and is described as 'covering left', this is my first batch of parts im ordering and dont want the wrong parts to ship to NZ! Its number 3 on this diagram

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=ST13&mospid=47129&btnr=41_1144&hg=41&fg=20

Im selling a brand new oe one on the faq now...85.00...in NY USA....lt side.