• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

a fake 2002ti?

Guest Anonymous

True, it is a tribute car that Wegweiser built and I own. Again it is a highly modified, near pristine car with tons or work.Kermin 2.3 mill,Sports Car Restorations body work and paint, GTS seats fresh everthing. Weber 45s.

I ask anybody to find anything more than a minor rock chip or mild nick.

Tuned to perfection. The car was built by a restoration master tech Paul and personalized by myself.Freindship is selling for a streal of a price.I listed the car here at first,no serious buyers were available.Rob at Friendship Classics is gem of a guy and acting as a broker/agent.

This car will pass any ispection.Call me if interested in any details,specs or facts.One drive and you will buy it.

Jonathan

202-251-0368

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CD,

No poser Pauls old car,he switched the faux ti intake for the foams,she runs great,pulls like a mofo.

The mirrors are not relocated,just as Paul built.

jgm

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

Steelies and airbox come with the car. Hell the Petri wheel is worth a pretty penny. The book of parts alone would blow any 02 heads mind.Virtually every nut and bolt,trim,rubber,stitch is fresh.Check it out or call me for ANY detail. TRIBUTE CAR not a factory ti.

jgm

Please don't judge this car by the current seller's ad. You have to see the car in person to notice how well built it is.

C.D.: I too thought that the bullet mirrors were located farther forward on the hood of Emily - the seller's picture makes it difficult.

An earlier picture of Emily's engine bay with different air cleaner.

sidewaysmotor.jpg

Jonathan's car in front of mine at Chapterfest 2009. Ian Powell's former '74tii M20 on my right.

pics92609010.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Marc,

It is a real deal Petri w/ an early ALPINA horn button.

Jonathan

JG,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. If anyone thinks they can build a car anywhere near as this with this combo of workmanship and parts I say go ahead. Paul built a super 02,I modded it a bit to my taste and she will pass any test inspection you like.Friendship is offering at a lose trying to free up some inventory.

* If anyone is prepared to buy or would like to inspect this car,glad to discuss or meet with you again it is a TRIBUTE CAR not a factory ti.

I am bummed to see this car go,I spent time and money keeping it top tune and condition. Drive it you will buy it.............Garage kept under a car cover by me.

Happy New Year

Jonathan

Knowing this is indeed Emily, there is no question about the build quality. It is one of the nicest restored cars I've ever seen. I too was confused by the missing ti airbox and thought the mirrors were also farther forward.

I am surprised that the broker chose to represent it as a 2002ti, when it clearly isn't one, and not mention the car was owned and lovingly restored by a long time enthusiast and restoration professional.

This car will be a great deal for whoever buys it!

vince

Paul spent much time & talent building this car, and "Emily" was a star far & wide during his ownership.

Jonathan bought it after his "Patina" met a deer (she went to Jim AKA Samplemaven), enjoyed it, and added the GTS seats and Superlight wheels along the way, with some other items.

Now the car is "suspect." Perhaps Paul should be selling the car for you, Jonathan. He seems to have a "mystique factor" (witness his latest barn find resurrection) and that provenance should bring you a few extra $K!!

Good luck with the sale.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

John,

Thanks for the kind words,she has been overly maintained and is as good as during Paul's ownership.As far as the steel wheels and faux Alpina aircleaner goes,they will go to the new owner.The superlite wheels were from my Inca Patina just prefered a change.

CD,

Free up some $$$ and you an pick up the steel wheels and aircleaner if you like.

Kidding you,you know more about 02s than I will ever know.

Your comments are appreciated

Jonathan