• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii big brake wheel question

sgrant914

So my brakes are giving me issues and am thinking of upgrading in the process. Performed a search but couldn't find for sure if the 5 series brake upgrade fits under stock tii alloys.

Anyone know if i can fit vented rotors and calipers under these wheels ?

Here is a pic of the alloys on my car

Thanks

-Steve

DSC_3842-2.jpg

Why are you upgrading?

Stock tii brakes are pretty awesome from the factory. You can use some aggressive pad and be done.

But if you want bigger brakes because you will think you will out-drive the stock brakes, I have some good news for you. You won't. At least not with these wheels.

Pierre

O==00==O

69 2002 (M20), 74 tii, 76 533i, 79 323i, 80 732i, 84 323i (S50) 91 318is, 96 318ti (S52), 97 Z3, 02 330i, 03 525iT, 02 R1150 RTP.
Auxiliary Lamp Brackets  Kamei Reproduction Front Air Dam

Well, the only reason for the upgrade would be since I have to purchase some calipers and rotors anyway to fix my issues , there isn't much more effort or money involved to throw some e21 hubs on there and go with the bigger brakes.

But sounds like my answer is no it won't fit with current wheels anyway.

Thanks everyone.

-Steve

So my brakes are giving me issues and am thinking of upgrading in the process.

You might ask Jeremy at IE about whether their 5 series kit fits - if they do, you'll notice a difference between the vented rotors vs solid (of course, presuming proper front/rear bias, material, etc). Shoot me an email for contact info for a guy who can likely guide you in selecting a friction material. -KB