• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

16 inch wheels, stock fenders pics!

smhheidari

I run 16x7s on all fours.

You will need to roll and pull your fenders if you want to keep them stock. In the front you will need a fair amount of negative camber (camber plates) as well.

A 45 series tire is VERY close to the stock diameter. I run 205/45/16.

The 7s on the front at ET25 are VERY close to the fender lip (even with camber plates and all the tweaking) and they run quite close to the strut tube (even worse if you bend them) as well as the ball joint on the tie rod. Going wider than 7 will be a challenge in the front, 7.5 should be doable but I don't know about 8. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Why do you think that if the circumference of the wheel with a 45 profile tyre is the same as a stock wheel and tyre?

Serious question.

(that big wheels and small brakes are worse at stopping. This was supposed to be a reply to an earlier post)

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

sylt11wg7bi.jpg

16 will work I think (and looks great to me). But I agree: Only looks stock, will need serious work on fenders and negative camber front.

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.