• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice gift for a teenaged girl! (totally G-rated, btw)

Jim_75Sahara

Veronica (my 16 y.o.) has a friend who received a 1987 Porsche 944 S as her starter car. Her pal doesn't have her license yet. I asked her: "is it stick or auto?" She didn't know. In fact, she knew very little about the car. It looks badass in black paint, VGC too. well, well, well.

"when I was a kid, we had it tough....." (the beginning of a Monty Python routine)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Euww were lucky!!!

I had to go to bed a half an hour after I got up, then go out in the snow and start my Moms Dodge Dart and rest the piece of wood on the gas pedal so it would keep running and warm up.

Those were the days! Tell the youth of today that and they will never believe you.

Ya know,,, an 87 944S doesn't sound like a bad first car as long as it has a good service history. Timing belt and water pump.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I would totally take a 944S as a first! I think the 2002 was a good choice as a first though!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

My son's been driving my wifes Mini, and the E46...all automatics. I have taken him out in the 02 a couple of times for him to feel a manual/clutch.

For his first car, he and my wife were mostly looking at automatics. I was pushing to a manual. We picked up his first car, an 83 320is. He's been around the neighborhood a bit, but is still learning the stick. Once he gets it, he'll get it.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Well Jim, have I ever got a deal for you. Veronica will be the hit at the local Sonic with this one and all you have to do to pull the engine is to have a tree stump. Try that in a 944 bubbler.

I like your Porsche!

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"