• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ring....around St Helens and Rainier

gwb72tii

Hi Everyone,

Ok, first of all, sorry for the delay in the details. As some of you may know I am a financial advisor in real life and my free time has been limited.

That plus two sets of aging parents.

But, the following is the details for all that are interested.

Departure and meeting place;

Saturday, August 27th

8:00 am at Krispy Kreme, Tacoma Mall right off I-5

meet up and try to leave as close to 8:30am as possible

Basically what were doing is heading south on I-5 to Woodland, then heading east to Cougar, then north to Randle and then to Packwood for lunch.

There is a side road to a viewing place for St Helens on the road between Cougar and Randle

After lunch, heading east to SR123 and then north to 410 over Chinook Pass to Enumclaw

total trip is about 290 miles and should have us into Enumclaw around 3:30pm.

for those that need to get home early there will be an option to head west from Randle and head to I-5 or to Morton and then north to Enumclaw.

Chinook Pass should be awesome with the remaining snow and, God willing, good weather. Its a really nice, fun scenic road.

please email me thru the faq for a more detailed attachment of the route

Cheers to all,

George Bonney

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

For those that havent done it, forest road 25 is epic. There is a spur road, forest road 99, that climbs up Windy Ridge above Spirit Lake. You get to drive throught the blowdown from the original eruption to a viewing area that on a nice day is unbelievable.

Forest road 25 and 99 are paved, there are some rough spots, but definately worth the drive. Every year I drive FR-25 south from Randle, WA all the way to the Gorge. Usually on my GS though.

973579051_BwQw9-L.jpg

973581815_AHv85-L.jpg

1976 2002

There is a group of us from Portland going to meet the group from Tacoma in Woodland for this drive. If you would like to join us please meet us in the parking lot of the Burger King at the Delta Park exit off I-5. We need to be leaving for Woodland at 8:45 am. We are planning on meeting George's group about 9:20 to 9:40 at the Starbucks located at 1999 Pacific Avenue

Woodland, WA 98674. Please shoot me an email if you plan on meeting us. Thanks George for planning such a great drive.

Mark

I'll be there! Gotta bug out after we drive St. Helens cause I got work at 4 :/

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Hi George. I wanted you to know that I thought of you. Today at the Legends of the Autobahn event, I was talking about my home being a weigh-station for '02'ers passing through Ohio. (& the good times!) Good luck with your event. (posted from Carmel)

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

Hi George. I wanted you to know that I thought of you. Today at the Legends of the Autobahn event, I was talking about my home being a weigh-station for '02'ers passing through Ohio. (& the good times!) Good luck with your event. (posted from Carmel)

You are a very gracious host Jim.

It was a pleasure meeting you.

All the best to you and yours.

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”

I'm planning on making the drive. I will bring along my good camera as I hope to get some nice shots. If the 27th looks anything like today, it will be perfect!

Wanna meet up in Renton David?

-Nathan

No problem. We can meet somewhere else. Or I can meet you in Renton then we can go meet Sam or so on.

-Nathan

Can't go unfortunately. :/ My car is missing 6 safety bolts and a wheel bearing and the parts wont get here anytime soon... Drive safe y'all!!

-Nathan

The Route

meet up at Krispy Kreme Tacoma 8:00, Leave 8:20 sharp

4302 Tacoma Mall Blvd

Meet up with Portland crew at Starbucks, Woodland WA

1999 Pacific Ave, Woodland WA

Leave for Cougar, WA

Head north on 25 towards Randle

side forest road 99 off 25, that climbs up Windy Ridge above Spirit Lake for LUNCH and pics

should be an epic day

head north to Randle

for those with time constraints, heading west towards Morton on 12 will get you back to I-5, or to Morton and then north on 7 thru Spanaway

for the rest, east on 12 from Randle towards Packwood

gas up in Packwood

From Packwood, east on 12 to SR123, north to 410, 410 towards Greenwater and eventually Enumclaw, then home

if you get separated or you're running late, my cell is 253-441-5002

72 2002tii

1988 535is  “Maeve”