• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More pics 1600 convertible (nt)

DRedman

This car has been parked at that gas station (Spring Hill Rd. and Old Dominion if I recall correctly) for years. I've never seen it with a for sale sign, and I don't know that it's been there the whole time as I don't go that way often, but I've been seeing it there for many years. From memory (I'm out of town now and can't drive by to look) it has at least some rust issues but looked restorable from the outside. If the price is right it could be quite a find. I wouldn't mind having those driving lights.....

Check this out.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,0/page,viewtopic/p,774347/highlight,/sid,fda671c9ffd75b039267024bf05d9034/

Guess this confirms the above was a scam?

1557182 (the Red one) was owned by Lothar Schuettler back in the '80s.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 4 months later...

My wife just saw this car and called to tell me about it. It is owned by the fellow who runs the gas station. It is a 1600 cabriolet and he has two or three other 02s in storage. He said he plans to restore it.

I was impressed my wife even noticed the car. She called and said I see a roundie -- "I can tell because it has round headlights." I told her to walk around to the back to confirm her impression. She was right, however, it was a roundie. :-)

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

She called and said I see a roundie -- "I can tell because it has round headlights."

That is too funny! Wives that not only put up with our obsession, but also participate (or at least try to) are priceless. Cheers to her!

1972 Verona tii - "Betty"

2002tiiRear.jpg