• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Going to go buy a 2002. Any Tips?

bluebmw

I'm going to go look at this 1975 BMW 2002 today. I've read all of the buying tips already, but I was wondering any things to look out for on this car specifically. It's Pastel Blau with custom two tone white and blue interior. The interior will probably be replaced with black anyways. The seller is looking for $1600 which seems like a steal. He says there is only a little rust in the spare tire well, and a few small door dings. The engine "runs like a charm" and it has new tires with less than 2500 miles on bottlecaps. It is supposedly a California car and he has tons of maintenance and improvement records. The car is located in Seattle

Any advice or tips?

Thanks!

post-18626-1366764039071_thumb.jpg

1966 2000ti Chamonix - old racer, new project

1967 1600 Bristol - stock as a rock

1976 2002 Pastellblau - Alpina tribute

Parts For Sale - The Paddock

woW! somewhere dars an EDSEL missing it's interior

R E A D this if you haven't already = http://www.bmw2002faq.com/content/view/80/32/

happy hunting

p.s.

that price is too good to be true

for such a 'great running car?' -

and as your grand-pa once said ................ "

so find out what's wrong with it - really -

we already know the interior will end

up in your neighbors pool

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

Visually, from what I can see in the pic it looks like a good buy at twice the price, but, as stated above, check for rust, drive the car and see how the suspension feels (at rest, push down hard on the bumpers and let-off quickly to see how the shocks respond), and see how the brakes feel and respond.

Shocks, springs, and brake parts are not overly difficult to replace, and parts prices for these items are not a killer. Rust, if there's very much, is another story.

I've been driving a '75 for 29yrs, and my wife has a Pastellblau '76, and I'll say again, that from the pic the car looks pretty nice (interior notwithstanding).

Bob Napier

Look out for rust! Wheel wells, shock towers, rockers, floors especially around the gas pedal, and burn that interior quick!

Time to sacrifice a bad interior to the interior gods and pray for a nice correct one! I wish you luck with it man!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2