• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling My Car! (A nice 02 with all the rare goodies on it)

toddman

Hi Everyone. I'm selling my 02. I don't drive it at all other than a trip to the store every few months and it's time someone else enjoy it. I think it would make someone who's really into these cars very happy, as it would be difficult to find an original rust free clean survivor with all the neato 2002 trick parts already on it. I wont be sad to see it go to someone who appreciates it.

Some Highlights:

A lot of Alpina parts including a roll cage

c/r 5 speed

c/r steering box

323 rear brake setup w/ 914 calipers

Here's the link to ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260732267309&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT#ht_583wt_1098

Cheers,

Todd

All it takes is money

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see some detail pictures of that air box mounting bracket. Or maybe I can come see the car in person this weekend. I'm building a very similar car out of my Granada red '67 1600.

http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o236/tjones02_bucket/My%20Red/

Anyone familiar with this car?

Have not see the car in person but it is only about 50 miles from me. I'd be happy to do a pre-purchase inspection on it for my usual price. Email me through the FAQ for more information.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

long distance opine -

at current $13,101.oo i would sure like to see more businesslike

exhaust mounting - might be the cause for the 1st - 2nd hard shifting

noise ? given that, I would worry about the quality of any other repairs to the car

and personalized stripes sure narrow the field

of folks who would be willing to part with $ $$,$$$.oo

!CEvMlz!!Wk~$(KGrHqQOKo0E0flOvQubBNSy6P1)M!~~_12.JPG

!CEvMuyQ!2k~$(KGrHqIOKpUE0UZfYNU9BNSy6r)T,!~~_12.JPG

'86 R65 650cc #6128390 22,000m
'64 R27 250cc #383851 18,000m
'11 FORD Transit #T058971 28,000m "Truckette"
'13 500 ABARTH #DT600282 6,666m "TAZIO"

I'm not sure how to respond to you without sounding negative--Please don't take it that way.

The exhaust is incredibly solid, doesn't clank or rub, and the mounting hardware holds it firmly in place. I'm happy to take the car to any local shop or have anyone come and look at it. I've had to do no major repairs on the vehicle since I've owned it and there are no quality issues. This is a really nice 41 year old survivor. It's a 2002 with the wishlist of rare specialty parts already installed on it.

All it takes is money

Guest Anonymous

This car was purchased new and originally built up by a good friend of mine, Gary Hesse, a longtime CCA member and BMW enthusiast. Gary is very meticulous and detail-oriented when it comes to his Bimmers, and I think the choice of period hardware on this car reflects that.

Gary sold the car to another well known LA area enthusiast, Jim Seastrom, who I believe owned the car up into the late '90s or early '00s. Jim was also a really meticulous owner, so it's not at all surprising that this car has survived as well as it has. I wouldn't kvetch too much on the exhaust hardware, as that's really cheap and easy to exchange if so inclined.

Todd, I take it that you bought it from Jim? Good luck with your sale, it's a really sweet car (for the right kind of buyer)! Cheers.

I thought I'd put in my 2 cents worth. I'm Gary Hesse and I built this car in the early 1970's. I built the current engine in the car and also went through the 5-speed close ratio box. It handles extremely well and back in the year it was driven at Laguna Seca Raceway by two drivers sent to the first BMWACA Driving School (which I named Nurburgring West) by Jim Busby and David Hobbs. Both were highly complementary of it's handling. The French Blue striping was period correct and similar to the livery on the BRE Datsuns and BMW 2002's raced by Carl Fredericks of Hyde Park BMW. The car won numerous club concours. I'd buy it back (I'd really like to), but my garage is full with an E34 M5 and a 1971 2800 Alpina that I'm getting back on the road. This BMW was built right, and it was built when I was an engineer at NASA/JPL in Pasadena CA. I hope that it goes to a good home - someone who will respect it for what it is.

WINDNSEA

Hey Tom,

I am free Saturday Evening If you're interested in coming by. If you can't make it by I can also try and send you some better photos of the air cleaner mounting.

Thanks

Todd

I'd love to, Sat evening sounds great. Email me through the FAQ link with your phone# and I'll call you to set up the details.

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

Reserve not reached?? Is the market speaking, or will the car just be sold outside of ebay? What do you guys think that fair market value is? I think the car is very interesting and should certainly be able to find a new home without too much trouble
Very interesting car, though the stripes are not to my taste. I asked the owner for a ballpark on his target price (note: I did not ask for the reserve) and he would not give me a range. At that point, I lost interest and quit bidding. Hard to sell anything, even at auction, without some basic guidance.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.