• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BMW 1602 -67 M20B25 Turbo 525whp

oskarkronlid

Very nice work! Dont forget to clean all your weld surfaces, some of them are looking a bit dirty ; )

I can not even start to imagine what a 2002 with 500+ hp feels like. Now I might have to slap a turbo on my m20!

Thank you! You're right about the welds they weren’t perfect so I'm grinding the welds and redoing some of them.

Having a 2002 with 525hp makes the adrenaline flow :-) Between 4000 rpm and 4200 rpm there is an increase of 100hp - wheels start spinning, after that you hit redline in an instant, shoot some flames at the rpm limit and on to the next gear – amusing

Yes slap on a turbo to your M20. I know lots of people running 300-400hp with unopened engine. Cheap Simple recipe:

• 535 MAF

• M5 3.6 340cc injectors

• Some cheap turbo like Mitsubishi TDO4HL-16T

• Adapter from original exhaust manifold to turbo

• Intercooler

• Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

• A wide band lambda like Innovate LC-1

• Adjust the MAF and fuel pressure regulator till you have good readings on the LC-1

• This should make around 300-350 hp

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got some stuff back from sandblasting and powdercoating

E28 M535 trailingarms with brackets from 02 for the antiswaybar

pulverlack01.jpg

E28 M535 rear axle with 7 cm less trackwidth then the original E28, camber and toe adjustments and brackets for the antiswaybar from the 02 so that I can use my antiswaybar from IEpulverlack02.jpg

Pressurepipes, better in black so I don't have to polish it.

pulverlack03.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Here are some updates that I’ve done to my car:

Mounted Aeromotive 20 gallon stealth fuel cell with internal Eliminator pump

Tank%2001.JPG

It sure gets dirty in the boot when there are a lot of holes in the floor from previous installations

Tank%2002.JPG

Return line through the floor

Tank%2003.JPG

Also the feed line

Tank%2004.JPG

Mounted a 22 mm front sway bar from Ireland Engineering. Bought one with dropped middle to clear m20 in 02 but that didn’t work so I had to make a 20 mm alu spacer to make it fit.

FKH.JPG

Rear 22 mm sway bar from Ireland Engineering. I built my own mounting points under the beam since the sway bar is made for 02 but mu rear beam and trailing arms come from m535

RKH.JPG

Mounted a new pedal box from Wilwood. Manufactured a strong mounting bracket that was welded to the firewall. I will add some support brackets that connect to the roll cage to avoid all flex. Brakes feel great.

Pedal%2001.JPG

Pedal%2002.JPG

Using 19,05mm for clutch, 15,9mm to front brakes and 17,8mm to rear brakes

Pedal%2003.JPG

I’ve mounded the new Griffin radiator & new intercooler directly to the engine block so that I don’t need to remove it when I lift the engine out of the car.

Bracket mounted on the engine block

Kylfaste%2002.JPG

Bracket mounted where the servo pump usually is attached

Kylfaste%2001.JPG

Radiator and intercooler mounted

Kyl_intercooler%2001.JPG

Kyl_intercooler%2002.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

The old hardy is starting to look a bit tired ;-)

Trasighardy.jpg

I will try one of these instead. Aluminum and made for matching the big gearbox do the small driveshaft. Perfect since I'm mounting a ZF TDS gearbox

Hardy.jpg

I am sorting out the electrics of the car. Building a connector for all the electronic stuff on the engine to be able to quickly remove the engine

Kontakt%2001.jpg

• 2 months later...

Time for a little update....

I have removed the engine to freshen up the engine bay

Easy to remove the engine since the radiator and intercooler is attached to the engine block :D

motorur.JPG

Empty engine bay

motorrum%2001.JPG

Changed some rusty metal and this is the result

motorrum%2002.JPG

Prepping for a new paintjob.

motorrum%2003.JPG

Mounted a new heater.

varme%2001.jpg

varme%2002.jpg

Improving the engine a bit. Bought some nice speed parts from PPF

Main Bearing Girdle with ARP bolts

gordel%2001.JPG

CRC machined CrMo 4.4 kg Flywheel with ARP bolts

svanghjul%2001.JPG

svanghjul%2002.JPG

The oil pan had been modified by some previous owner to fit in the car, but a large piece had been cut out and there was no place left for a dipstick. I’ve had it modified to hold more oil and fitted a dipstick mounting hole.

Fixed by Tony at http://www.tlmservice.se/ – great job

oljetrag%2001.JPG

oljetrag%2002.JPG

oljetrag%2003.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hey do you have any idea why my avast antivirus blocks all your pictures with virus alert? These last 4 are the only ones I've been able to see. Would be interesting to see more.

Tommy

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

first time I'm seeing your blog and I have to say I am amazed at the job you have done on this car.  Bravo!

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Hey do you have any idea why my avast antivirus blocks all your pictures with virus alert? These last 4 are the only ones I've been able to see. Would be interesting to see more.

Tommy

I had my website hacked a few years ago and a virus was planted but has been removed. I've now contacted both Avast and Norton to remove the warnings.

• 9 months later...

I have had some problems with my engine. It was overheating and running a bit lean so I opened it up.

Creamy inside

20140607_201308_Android.jpg

One of the injectors had lost the clip that holds the electric conector.

20140609_215154_Android.jpg

The head and the block had cracked so I pulled the engine out.

20140623_203819_Android.jpg

20140702_180240_Android.jpg

Got some new parts from PPF. Bigger injectors Bosch 1200cc, new headgasket, a used cylinder head.

20140708_153856_Android.jpg

Mounted all the parts in the new head.

20140714_100340_Android.jpg

Painted the new block.

20140810_135457_Android.jpg

PPF mounted oil spray nozzles.

20140812_165845_Android.jpg

Crank mounted with ARP bolts

20140812_172953_Android.jpg

A girdle from PPF

20140812_202630_Android.jpg

Starting to look like an engine again

20140816_174412_Android.jpg

20140816_174439_Android.jpg

Engine goes back in the car.

20140827_122458_Android.jpg

20140829_173246_Android.jpg

Had to go to PPF to remap the car since I had changed the injectors and wanted some more power.

20140923_105511_Android.jpg

Got some more power!!!

593 whp & 766 wnm

CCE20140924_00000.jpg

Sadly the head cracked on the las pull so I have now ordered a brand new head from BMW. It's said that the casting is stronger on the new ones...sure hope so.

20141006_195044_Android.jpg